QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Thursday, January 10, 2008

PICTURES AT LAST

Picasa and I have been having a battle today. It is just that I am not familiar with the process. I hope I have an easier time in the future. It just was not recognizing my Kodak software.

I want to go ahead and post pictures so that I can feel like my time in front of the computer has generated something today. Thus the second post.

These are additional blocks that I have made to go in the Christmas/winter quilt. The pear block jumped out at me when I first saw the pattern. I think it is self explanatory.

Next is the log house block. Not why would Log Cabin Quilter so like this block? The tree branches were paper pieced only because the pattern for each flying geese unit is not symmetrical. The house is pieced. The window, door, moon, and tree branch are appliqued.
I really like the angel block. I used paper piecing and applique to make it. Does the angel need eyes, nose & mouth?














I hope my next session of posting pictures goes faster!

Karen
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love your blocks - boy you know how to use stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blogland. Has anyone told you how addictive blogging is? Beware. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy - I have had this quilt on my list for a while . . . you are really tempting me to get moving. Love your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blocks!! Are you using the little angel somewhere? I would fit perfectly in there. I'm changing a few on the bottom too. I've got to get back to moving on this quilt!

    Just great blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen your blocks look wonderful...I need to get to stitching again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I received your message on my blog--there was no e-mail address to reply to and no blog adress. It was through a post at Brown Quilts that I got your blog address. Your e-mail address is still a mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to blogland. I'm so envious that you know Carol - I adore her! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to blogland! (I found your blog through Carol's blog). Your blocks look really nice- great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to Blogland! Your blocks are just great!! I keep thinking about working on some of those, but just haven't gotten there yet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I followed Carol's direction over here. Welcome.
    I love your quilt blocks. My style of quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the blocks you are doing. I think the angel needs some curved lines for eyes and mouth; not sure about the nose...I guess french knots would work? Found you through Carol's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaaaauuuh, another great blocks!!! I love all of!!! Can't wait to see your next post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to the land of blogging. I am also very new and enjoying it immensely. Everyone is so encouraging. I love the style of quilts you are making and will be back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes - the angel needs a face! I once cross stitched a girl in pigtails on a pinafore for my (then preschool)DD. She said she needed a face - I told her it was like a shadow and left it at that. Next time I saw the pinafore there were permanent marker eyes drawn on! So I always add face details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have tagged you from my blog. When you get back please check it out.

    ReplyDelete