QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Thursday, February 7, 2008

RAILROAD CROSSING & LINEN HEARTS QUILTS

Lea asked to see the whole Railroad Crossing quilt so I spread it out on a bed and took a couple pictures. I remembered that I used to own an antique quilt done in this manner. The antique quilt was very, very dirty and in bad shape. I found an antique quilt in a book that was very similar and that is how I came up with the pattern name. The quilt was done in similar colors as to what I used in the reproduction. I kept the antique quilt for a good while and then finally parted with it when we were down sizing. It is hand quilted.

Everyone is either posting Valentine quilts or making one. I found the heart quilt in my big stack, so I guess it will have to be my Valentine quilt. The pattern is called Linen Hearts and I think it is a Country Threads pattern. I no longer have the pattern and for some reason, I missed attaching a label to the quilt. Correct me if I am wrong. I got online & found the fabric that has cute reproduction looking Valentines on it but I do not have time to make one this year.

In my previous post, I have a picture of Jeanne's Snowman quilt. I was not sure who the designer is but have since found out that it is a Whimsical's pattern.

We are having very warm weather. It is supposed to be 84 degrees today. My husband is out doing yard work for the second time this year. In Florida, it's a year round thing that needs to be done.

Nothing new and exciting to report, so I'll get back to my sewing room.

Have a great day!

Karen

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Oh Karen! I just love that railroad crossing quilt! Thank you for more pictures! I have fallen in love with it! I have to get going on that Sleeping Beauty one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the railroad crossing - just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay a bigger picture--thank you...it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, now if that quilt is ever missing from your house, don't come looking at my house...I know nothing. LOL! What a perfect Valentine quilt! Did you sleep last night?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't usually go gaga over heart quilts, but that that one is great! Not so cutesy. Your RR Quilt is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I love this quilt! It's stunning! Thank you for sharing the picture!
    and I love your hearts quilt. It's very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This quilt is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete