QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

PIN CUSHION FRENZY

Welcome to all! It's a pin cushion frenzy here. I am having so much fun making them. How many pin cushions are too many? That I haven't decided. I have another couple patterns that I am waiting to arrive in the mail as I intend to make a few more. I need to shop for a basket to display them in. And some wool in a navy blue like the American flag. My navy wool is almost black.





I have made nine more Civil War blocks. Some were easy and some were a bear to piece. I was sure glad to get the middle one in the third row over with. It doesn't look like it would be all that hard but it was. The stars in the bottom right hand block are teensy tiny. I think they end up being a two inch square. I thought I would have a mess for sure but the block went quite well. The two inch blocks would be cute in a doll quilt.
Speaking of doll quilts, look what Amazon delivered to me today. It's always fun to get quilty kind of stuff in the mail. I kept seeing little quilts on different blogs and decided I need to make a couple myself. "Prairie Children and Their Quilts" was the book most often mentioned so I ordered it. The author is Kathleen Tracy. Well, to get free shipping, I needed to order another book. I picked "American Doll Quilts", also by Kathleen Tracy. I am pleased with both books. I don't know how soon I will be making one. Also, I don't have a doll bed or a doll to display them on or with. Sounds like another purchase, huh?

Nothing else exciting to report at the moment. I still need to take more pictures of quilts in the cabinets but that will need to wait for another day. Thanks for stopping by.

Karen
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

  1. I love those Kathleen Tracy books - you can display those little quilts anywhere, no need for a doll bed *s*

    My favorite pincushion is the tall one with the flying geese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pincushions...can you have too many? I love that free shipping with Amazon, I'm always ordering "bonus books" to get it :)
    The Prairie Children book is in my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will just love those two books!!! I have both and have only made a few of the quilts, but they are just so much fun to read and re-read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to sit and browse through those two books - they are truly delightful.

    Love, love, love your pincushions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pin cushions! They are all so adorable and cute to display.
    I have both of those books too and just love to look at the pics and read them over and over again.
    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are on a roll with those pincushions- I love them all! Your Ciwil War blocks look really great as well :) Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your CW blocks are just fantasic! Love the color combos. The pin cushions are so cute. I don't know if there ever is too much of good thing, especially if it is quilt related!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pincushions, so cute !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the pin cushions and the quilt books. But oh the CW blocks are supurb! Lots of pieces but they do look fabulous when they are done!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the visit! I love those books and I've made 3 or 4 from them - so much fun. Your pincushions are great! Very addictive, I know -- lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pincushions are wonderful! I"m so glad I"m finally getting a chance to catch up with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think your pincushions are great. I hope they are suppose to be pincushions. You never know.
    Keep the primitive items coming.
    visit me at http:/quiltdolls.blogspot.com

    kim

    ReplyDelete