QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Saturday, April 5, 2008

QUILT CABINET SHOW #4

It's Saturday morning and a beautiful sunny day so far, though there is rain in the forecast for sometime today. I leave in just a bit for a get-together with my quilter friends, Carol (Brown Quilts), Jeanne, & Susan. We will stitch for a while, go out to lunch and then stitch some more. Susan is the host today. She says that we are going to "Squid Lips" for lunch. I have never been there but Susan assures that it is good eating. It is a new seafood restaurant that has opened.

I don't have much time this morning, so I will get on with a description of the quilts I have selected to show you today.

The first quilt has a pieced center and a stenciled border. The border doesn't show all that well in this picture. There are village scenes and each side represents a different season. The fall side is my favorite. The quilt was made in 2000. It is machine pieced and hand quilted.

The second quilt has has stenciling on it. Sometimes when I show this and the person isn't up close, they think it is appliqued. It is a Rose of Sharon design and was made in 2000. It is hand quilted.

The third quilt is a patttern from a Sarah Nephew book and is made using a 60 degree angle ruler that she puts out. It has a somewhat contemporary look but using "country" colors. I used a skyscraper print fabric for the backing on this one. It was not hard to make. I just had to keep track of what went where to get the correct effect. The quilt was made in 1999. It is machine pieced and quilted.

Now to the last quilt. It is called "Hill and Dale" and was made in 1999. I like the setting fabric that I used. It has trees and what looks like mountains in the background. I thought it was a good choice to use with the pieced trees. It is machine pieced and hand quilted.

I need to get myself in gear and get ready for a fun day with friends. Thanks for stopping by.

Karen
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Have a great time today. It sounds so fun....although--"Squid Lips"?? LOLOL what a funny name for a restaurant!! As usual beautiful quilts, I love that skyscraper one...very different and the effect you get with using the country colors is cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying your exhibit! Love the trees and I think the mt background is a great use of the fabric. So cool having your quilt hanging in Houston! I remember when it was in the AP&Q-how neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You have more finishes in that cabinet than I have completed in my entire life!

    Enjoy Squid Lips! That sounds so fun. Have a great afternoon in the Florida sun with friends and quilts. I don't think it can get much better than that :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Norway calling..I just looved your quilt with the houses. I am in a stream of house quilting my self this days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very beautiful quilts...all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cabinet show is great *s*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the skyscraper one

    did you see, I posted my version of the lone cabin quilt?

    ReplyDelete