QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Monday, April 7, 2008

SUSAN'S PRIMITIVE DECORATIONS

This past Saturday was get-together day for my small group of fellow primitive quilting friends. It was Susan's turn to have us to her home. Susan has wonderful primitive decorations all over her home. I took a few pictures to share with you.
The first two pictures were taken in her main bathroom. She uses a quilt for a shower curtain. It would be easy to change it with the different seasons and holidays. I did not photograph every thing in the bathroom but she has wonderful primitive things placed all around in that room. I just love it.







The third picture is of a spring quilt hanging in her dining room. She changes the quilt for different seasons and holidays. Susan does such beautiful applique! The last picture is of what I would call a floor cloth but she is using it as a table mat. It is probably made with what I call sail cloth that has a base coat painted on it, then it is painted with the design, and finally a sealing coat on top. I have wanted to make one for ages. I never would have thought of putting it on the table instead of the floor. Great idea.







Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I will be posting more pictures of my quilts from the cabinets, so stay tuned.


Karen

6 comments:

  1. Great show and tell . . . thanks for taking us along *s*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Susan she does beautiful work and I love the idea (and the quilt she used) for the bathroom! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love Susan's decor.*S*
    Thank you and Susan, for sharing those wonderful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post, what a neat idea to make a shower curtain. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,
    love the quilt for a shower curtain, I hope to do that someday.
    I really LOVE that table mat she did...love the pattern ...would love to do it in fabric.
    thanks for sharing the pictures I can always find inspiration on your blog
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could decorate like that! I just don't have a knack for it. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete