QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Sarah Sporer pattern called "Vacancy".

Thursday, July 3, 2008

ANOTHER WIN

I have been very lucky this past month. First I won a mini quilt from Stina for her 100th post. You have already seen a photo of that. Now I have won a little stitchery quilt from Andrea http://welshquilter.blogspot.com. It was a mystery prize for guessing how many piece she had cut out for a hand piecing project she is working on. The package arrived today. Imagine my surprise when I saw what it contained. She made a really cute embroidered quilt that says "Rain, rain go away". Andrea, you don't know how appropriate this is. We have been having rain every day this week and I have been thinking just that. She also sent a piece of brown fabric (I like browns!) that will be used in a reproduction quilt. I don't win things often, so winning twice in one month is really something for me. Thanks Stina and Andrea!


I was asked to post a closeup picture of a block in the quilt I made using my husband's grandmother's painted quilt blocks. See the previous post for a full picture. I am also posting a picture of what the painted blocks looked like before I cut them up.


This is a photo of the label I put on the back. I described the label in the previous post. Grandma Jenkins did the painted part. I added a computer printed picture on fabric and gave a little information in the lower left corner.
Tomorrow is a holiday in the USA. It is the Fourth of July. A celebration of our freedom. We will be staying at home. There are too many people out on the highways. We will be able to see a fireworks display right from our front door. I am posting pictures of two patriotic quilts I made. The first photo is of a bargello flag I made in 1999. It is machine pieced and quilted. Very easy to make.
The next photo is of a quilt I made in 1996 called "Americana Star". It is machine pieced and hand quilted.

Finally, I am posting a photo of a top I finished just a couple days ago. It has a flag on the top, so I think it is also appropriate for July 4th. The quilt has wool appliques. It is from a pattern called "Midwest Pride" and was published in American Patchwork & Quilting's Quilt Sampler (Spring/Summer 2007). A quilt shop called "The Cotton Shop" in Perham, Minnesota was featured. This was the quilt the staff designed. I think it will make a great quilt to display in the summer time.



Thanks for stopping by for a visit!

Karen

13 comments:

Carol said...

Congratulations Karen...what a lucky girl you are. Love your new summertime quilt. You sure were busy while hubby was away.

Karen said...

Hi, Karen, thank you for posting, it's interesting to see what you started with and how creatively you used it.

Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oh I'm in love with the bargello flag! I see it's been 8 or 9 years since you made it, but can you share any information the pattern you used if any? I would love to make something like that! I've always wanted to try a bargello, but figured it wouldn't fit in with my decorations - but a flag would! :) How clever!

Crazy for Primitive Quilts & Gardens said...

Love all your quilts but that midwest pride is my favorite!!! Love love LOVE it!

Karol-Ann said...

Congratulations on your wins. Great quilts!

Helz said...

As much fun as it is to enter Giveaways as we love to do... Just how much more fun is it to Win One!!! Congratulations... Well Done Karen.

Darlene said...

Wow, lucky you! WooHoo!

You always show such incredible quilts. Love 'em all.

Mar said...

Lucky you! I love your patriotic quilts!

Marilyn R said...

Congrats on your win! I love your quilts. Your Midwest Pride is my favorite too!

Judy said...

y you have been busy!! Congrats on winning and finishing a great top!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love the last quilt you just finished. Of course I love all of them. But really like that one. And congrats on your winnings. WAY TO GO!!!

Wendy K said...

Love your midwest quilt, also really enjoyed hearing about your hubby's grandma's quilt ...what a wonderful tribute and reminder of her..a definate treasure for always!

Lea of Farmhouse*Blessings said...

Oh my ~ all those quilts are gorgeous. I am especially fond of your new summer quilt. Beautiful!

Smiles,
Lea