QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Sarah Sporer pattern called "Pond Racing".

Monday, October 6, 2008

GHOSTS IN THE ATTIC

It's October and time to have all those fall quilts out. Today I am posting a picture of a quilt I made in 1996 that I gave the name of "Ghosts in the Attic". The ghosts are Drunkard's Path blocks in an Attic Windows setting. I was inspired by a quilt an older book called "Boo" by Harriet M Wyant. I made some changes to her pattern. I know that I added the cats and the Halloween wording. I can't remember what other changes I made as it was over ten years ago. I would love to find that book again. I have done internet searches several times but have never found it for sale. I think I will do that again today. The designer also has a book entitled "Piece on Earth". I will post a quilt I made from that book during the Christmas holiday season.


The "Ghosts in the Attic" quilt is one of my favorites. I love fall colors and this fits the bill. It is machine pieced and hand quilted. Even though I made it over ten years ago, I don't think it is out of style.
I have not accomplished any sewing since my last post. I was in bed or on the sofa for four days with pain in my hip and leg. I went to the family doctor about the hip and back pain. I could walk that day but slowly. By the next day, walking was very painful. My time in bed was spent sleeping or watching television. I did flip through some pattern books but could not concentrate on much of anything. I have medical appointments coming up this week and later in the month. Hopefully things will get figured out and I will be able to get back to my sewing. I am able to sit fairly well today and think I will try sewing at my machine but not marathon sessions. I did a tiny bit of stitching last night on one of the Nice People, Nice Things embroidery blocks.
My husband was teasing me earlier today. He says I am like the commercial on television with the California cows. I don't know if that is seen nationwide. This is the one where the cows are in a snow covered field and are talking about one of the cows having made a break out and was heading to Hollywood. One asks another when the cow left. I think the answer is "four days ago". Then the camera turns to focus on the other side of the fence and it shows the cow not too far away and walking very slowly into the distance. One of the still fenced in cows says, "Well, she is facing a headwind". I think the ad is for California cheese. I will have to ask Colleen if that ad is seen in Wisconsin. LOL!
I have not been able to sit at the computer much. I have visited a few blogs and will get around to others soon that I like to keep up with. Thanks for stopping by for a visit.

Karen

13 comments:

Ginger Patches said...

Karen,
I'm so sorry that you're still having that nasty pain :( I do hope they figure it out soon and get you all fixed up! I love your Ghosts in the Attic!!

Paula said...

We see the commercial in Texas....pretty funny. My thought on that commercial is at least she made some progress. That's my motto, "just keep moving". I'm not getting much done in my sewing room, but there's a little progress!

I think your quilt is cute, by the way. Can't wait to see your Christmas quilt.

Carol said...

That commercial cracks me up...that's it...you're facing the headwind. Love your Ghosty quilt. Glad to see you on the computer a little...hope you can sew some.

Kathy said...

cuYes, I've seen that commercial here in East-Central Texas.

I LOVE your Ghosts in the Attic quilt.

black bear cabin said...

what a cute quilt...and i love the touches you added to it! i need to make a fall quilt for our house...i made one, but it was auctioned off for charity.
in the meantime, i hope you are feeling better soon :)

Crazy for Primitive Quilts and Gardens said...

Ahhh YES we have that one here!! Funny commercials. Another blogger sent me all of them. They are really funny.

I really hope you are on the mend and heal fast. Take good care of yourself! Love the Halloween quilt!

Julie said...

Your Ghosts are so cute. Hope the Drs figure out what the problem is so you are all better soon. Can't wait to see your Christmas quilt.

Kim said...

Lol, yes, we have that commercial here, too. I like your Halloween quilt and if I come across that book, I'll let you know. Sorry you are stuck in so much pain. I know how it feels to be hurting and not able to do what you want to do...that headwind factor tends to take us in a direction we sometimes don't care to go!

MYRA said...

A great Halloween quilt! Very nice! Looking forward to seeing your Christmas quilt also. 8-)

I hope they find what the problem with your leg/hip is this week! I know it is terrible when things like this keep you from your normal daily doings...

Take care!

Andy Guo said...

At first I was marveled to see such a blog.Your blog is sparkling. It has a great appeal. How are U able to cope such a lot. Meet me at
http://gwb-chinese.blogspot.com/
Waiting with curiosity. To know your innovation.

quilterpolly said...

Karen,
I am so sorry you are not feeling good...I hope they can get you treatment sooner than later. I laughed when you talked about the cow commercial cause when I see that commercial I always laugh because I feel that is me in my life in am I getting anywhere? My prayers will be with you.

Marilyn R said...

Your Ghosts In The Attic is soooo cute! I hope you are feeling better!

Libby said...

Those California Cow commercials just crack me up *s* I didn't realize that it was a nationwide campaign.
Your ghost quilt is just darling - I don't think it will ever go out of style.
Hope you are feeling better. Unexplained pain is just not fun!