QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Cheri Payne pattern.

Monday, October 27, 2008

A HALLOWEEN LUNCHEON

Yes, I am alive and doing better. Thanks for all the kind thoughts and e-mails both about my brother-in-law's passing and about my back and leg pain. The pain is not gone but is getting better daily. I am scheduled for a series of nerve blocks and hope that helps. I am going to physical therapy. I am not to the exercise part yet. Right now it is heat/stimulus treatments and massage. I am getting around better but still can't stand long without leg pain.
Last Saturday, I attended a Halloween luncheon at my friend's home. Two other ladies joined us for stitching and a wonderful lunch. Susan has the most wonderful primitive style Halloween decorations. There is so much that it is hard to take it all in. She had a really nice fall quilt on the wall behind the dining table but I did not get a good picture of it.

Here is a picture of the table all set for lunch. Susan has Debbie Mumm Halloween dishes. (She also has Thanksgiving silverware).


Aren't the napkin rings cute as can be? And so are the cloth napkins.


The fireplace is decorated with several things. For some reason the lower things blurred in the photo. I wanted you to see the pillow she had made but it is one of the blurry things.



She has a table runner draped across a sofa along with a Halloween pillow or two.

The wool hanging is from a pattern called "Gourdy & Me", if I remember correctly. I just ordered a pattern for myself. Too late to make it for this Halloween but maybe next.












Susan hung a quilt on the shower rod. This is not a shower that they use but with a plastic liner behind the quilt, it could be.

Even the table covering is embroidered with Halloween sayings and pumpkins. Susan purchased this already made up. I want one!

Isn't the elephant a unique decoration? It has a little pumpkin blanket draped across its back. I could have taken lots more pictures of her decorations. So many! And all well done.

Carol (Brown Quilts) was one of the guests. She gave each of a bag of these yummy pretzel/candy things. If you like chocolate, you would like these. I don't know if she has posted a recipe for them or not.

Susan served a pumpkin soup, a delicious apple & greens salad, and a pear cobbler for dessert. She also made a flat bread that was oh so good. It was such a relaxing day getting to visit with friends and stitch on our projects.

And last, a picture of the progress on the log cabin houses quilt. I am working on sashing all the blocks and am almost done with that part of the quilt. Then on to sewing block to block. I am pleased with how it is coming out.

That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by. I know I have not been around to visit all my favorite blogs as of yet. I was having trouble sitting at the computer for any longer period of time. I'll be by to visit you soon.

Karen

10 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better Karen. And aren't those decorations wonderful! I loved seeing them. blessings, marlene

Carol said...

Somehow I missed the elephant on the couch...there was so much to see. It was a great day...glad you're doing better.

Screen Door said...

What an inapiring post... Love the napkins rings... The log Cabin quilt is soooo close to being complete. Looks like you had so much fun.....

Crazy for Primitive Quilts and Gardens said...

Thank you for the pictures, Karen! Nice decorations and your log cabin quilt is coming along so well.

black bear cabin said...

sounds like a lovely afternoon! i enjoyed all the photos, but i particularly liked the shower curtain...too cute! Hope you are on the mend soon! take care :)

Judy said...

Oh Karen, hope the back steadily gets better. I know about that pain as I have terrible sciatica and it gets me so often.

LOVE those log cabins, they are each a work of art with so much work! The quilt is going to be fantastic!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Wow! 2 quilt tops for the price of 1. Loved seeing your friends decorations, I guess she really likes Halloween?? Hope your back/leg pain continues to improve, fast!!

Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Oh my goodness, look at all those decorations, too cute!!! Even the shower curtain! Sounds as if you had a wonderful time. :)

Ginger Patches said...

Looks like a fun lunch! Carol sent me a bag of those chocolates aren't they wonderful? What a fun group to get together with!

MYRA said...

Glad you are feeling some better Karen.
Wow! That is a lot of Halloween in that home!!! Very cool! 8-)
Love your log-cabins!!