QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Sarah Sporer pattern called "Pond Racing".

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

MONTY HALL SAYS "COME ON DOWN"

What do you do when you make twelve more log cabin house blocks than you need to make a quilt? Make another! So, Jeanne W., who has drooled over Lynda's quilt for so long, come on down! Choose what's behind door number one............


Or choose what is behind door number two............

The two quilt tops are not identical but are close to identical. I had fun selecting the fabrics for the logs in the cabins but oh so much sewing to get those little strips together. I think I may add another border to mine to finish it off.
So, Jeanne W., make your selection!
Karen

17 comments:

Kathie said...

I have always loved these log cabins....beautiful quilt.
makes me want to find that pattern and start making these too.
for now I will enjoy yours!
There are a few of these log cabin patterns I just love and hope to make some day.
thanks so much for sharing your work, I enjoy it.
Kathie

MARCIE said...

Wow, lucky Jeanne! And how sweet of you to be so generous! They are both fabulous!

Crazy for Primitive Quilts and Gardens said...

Nice work Karen! Lucky Jeanne! They are both wonderful.

Carol said...

Lucky, Lucky Jeanne! That is so sweet of you! She'll be so excited.

call me crazy said...

Wow, very neat quilts! I loved reading about your luncheon too. The decorations are all so cute! Thanks for all the photo's! Hope the nerve block works for you!

Betweens said...

Karen.. each strip was worth it!! they look amazing!! you might want to do a swap if you want to make more...I have done a strippy quilt and know how much sewing is in each of these wonderful log cabins... you have surely earned your blog name!! LOL

Lea of Farmhouse Blessings said...

Both are treasures!

Smiles,
Lea

Stina said...

Karen...Karen...wonderful log cabins...the quilts will be fantastic!!!

Marilyn R said...

Your Log Cabin quilts are stunning! I just love them!

Darlene said...

Lucky Jeanne! They are wonderful and what a terrific gift. :-)

Judy said...

I'm with Kathie, these are so wonderful and man what work goes into them! Lucky jeanne!

Idaho Quilter said...

Two wonderful quilts, I can see why it would be so much fun selecting the fabric.

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims and Gardens said...

Karen,

I love your log cabin quilts. What amazing work you do, and you are so generous to give one to a friend. Jeanne, how special for you!!

Thanks for the nice comments on my blog! :))

Wendy said...

Your log cabins are awesome and how lucky Jeanne is to get one of her very own.

Catherine said...

Gorgeous and what a wonderful gift!! Cathy

kjquilts said...

Love your log cabin quilts!

Quilts And Pieces said...

These log cabins are just too cute!