Next, I got the Setting Sun blocks done and the sashings on. No border as of yet. I like this quilt top better now that I laid it out on the floor for a photo. The tan fabric in the sashings with the tiny little flowers gives the quilt a busier look than I had intended.
Blogger is not being very cooperative today. Moving the photos to the correct spot is not going the way it should. Guess I will have to go with the way it is.
I finished the basket quilt top. I don't know what I did wrong but one side was certainly longer than the other. I discovered that when I went to do borders. The blocks had all been trimmed to equal size before setting them together. One setting strip was longer than the rest. I did some un-sewing, trimmed it, then sewed things together again and that seemed to work. Guess there was some stretching in the last basket row when I sewed it together. The borders went on fine. I pieced a backing for the quilt. Please excuse the wrinkled back. It certainly needs a good pressing before going any further on this project. My back is bothering me too much right now to place the layers out on the floor for spray basting. I will worry about pressing the backing somewhere along the line.
I had my second nerve block done in my lower back this past Monday. Right now I am uncomfortable so I don't know how much good it is doing. I understand you can have discomfort for a couple days afte the injections. I tried going for a little walk last night to test out whether it had helped. We walked here in the neighborhood. I made it half a block and had to come back home. I do better in the grocery store as I have the cart to lean on. That relieves the pain in the back. I think my walking should just be with a shopping cart. The quilt shops need to have shopping carts for me to push around if they want my business right now. Luckily, I can still shop online just fine!
Libby from a Simple Girl has got me in the mood to make some of those stockings she has been showing on her blog. I ordered a stocking pattern this morning from Primitive Gatherings. She is going to put Christmas gifts in the ones she is making. No paper wrap for her. I wouldn't care if I got a gift or not if I got a nice primitive looking stocking like those! I don't think my grandchildren would feel the same way, though.
Back to my scrap basket fabric cutting. Why is it that the scrap basket never looks any emptier when I get done cutting from it? I am working on a LeMoyne star project. The 12" stars came from my fabric stash but the 6" stars have all come out of the scrap basket. I am using a Judy Martin layout for the quilt but making the LeMoyne stars from another method where you do not have any "Y" seams. They are made from squares and rectangles only. I made a note on the side of the pattern for how many blocks of each size I would need for her layout. There are also some plain blocks in the layout. I made a mistake and thought I needed 56 of the 6" stars when I read my notes. Instead, it was 56 of the plain blocks and 36 of the 6" stars. Since I had cut extra, I decided just to cut some more from the scrap basket and store them for a future sewing project. I will post a photo of project progress next time. I have all the 12" stars made but they are in two sections each. Judy's setting (quilt pattern is called Judy's Star, I think)(correction: the pattern is called Judy's Fancy) requires that the two halves be sewn together when making the rows. Hard to explain unless you see the pattern.
Time for me to get back to the sewing room. Have a great day and thanks for visiting my blog.