QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

POKEBERRY QUILT TOP

I don't usually post two days in a row but I was asked to post pictures of my Pokeberry quilt top. Two of my fellow bloggers are working on the same quilt pattern and are interested in my fabric choices, etc. Be sure to read the previous post, if you have not done so, and see my latest completed projects.

The Pokeberry quilt is a Jan Patek Pattern. The quilt top is large. I don't know the exact measurements. I had to slide a couple pieces of furniture out of the way to lay it out flat. I tried pinning the top to my design wall but it was just too big for it. I stood on a step stool to photograph (my husband does not like me to do that but he was not there to see it). I think I must move a bit when I push the camera button as I sometimes get a photo that is slightly blurry. Hope you can figure out what is what in the photos.








Thanks for stopping by!

Karen

20 comments:

  1. Wow thanks for doing that Karen! I love how yours turned out! Very nice job!



    With big quilts you could always lay then out on the bed and take pictures of half and then the other half...might work fine especially for doing close up blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this quilt! Thanks for sharing! 8-)
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!! LOVE THE HORSE BLOCK (LOVE HORSES), MANY HUGS, MARY

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice pics.....I can just visualise you wavering about on the step stool....be careful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL Karen! As usual, you are such an inspiring quilter! Love this one. I have seen this pattern and had my eye on it too... but there are only so many hours in a day, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for posting this picture
    I am having fun working on this quilt too!
    well I sort of strayed from this exact quilt but now am considering going back and making this quilt just like it is!
    your fabric choices are perfect.
    beautiful job on this quilt
    thanks again
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks really nice, you are definitely inspiring. I like your blue horse :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great quilt - thanks for sharing *s* I'm fighting hard not to join in and make this one . . . . so many on my plate already.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the pictures. It is lovely. This is just the motivation I needed to get another block done this evening. Thanks again for taking the time to post the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great. I just love primitive quilts. I need to try one someday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Oh my goodness I love it! I'm coming to get it - wait for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it!! I have not done any of her patterns yet, I did almost buy one of her books of Fall quilts at Country Loft...now I'm wondering why I didn't :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks stunning...I really want to make a quilt like that...It something for me to plan for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great job you've done on this quilt. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on this quilt! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh...I love this one...you are so talented...love the colours you have used...so thanks for sharing the quilt!!:o)....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just had to tell you that the girl quilt you sent Libby is adorable! So did you draw out taht pattern yourself for the girl or was that a block from some pattern! In either case it is beautiful and sweet thing for you to do. We all love Libby don't we!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Photos look good to me. I like your color choices. A fun quilt design, isn't it? Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete