QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Friday, January 9, 2009

#4 AND I HOPE THERE IS MORE


Two pictures of the same quilt. I couldn't decide which one showed the bunny better, so I put both in. One was taken from the side with it laying on the floor and then rotated. A professional photographer I am not. This is finish #4 for 2009. The bunny quilt top was made probably two years ago and has been in the closet ever since. I am disappointed that the bunny sort of fades into the background. I should have used maybe an off white with little tiny flowers or just something with a bit of design. Or maybe a different value background. I decided to finish it even though I would like it to be a bit different. I will have an Easter quilt at last. I have a couple other spring quilt patterns with a bunny that I am contemplating making. I have to think about it a while.
The quilt pattern is one of the Button Up patterns by Joined at the Hip. The pattern just said "March" and gave no other name, so "March" it is. I did not make the quilt it is supposed to button onto. It would be one that you hang a different quilt on each month. It would be a quilt with a plain long rectangle that is covered by the decorative quilt and then it has a scrappy border of squares around it. Yes, it would be cute but it makes a wider wall hanging which I did not want. I have used the January pattern twice but not as a separate quilt. I know I used one as a surprise on part of the backing of a bigger snowman quilt. Can't remember what the other one was used for. I have patterns for all the other months of the year but don't think I will ever make all of them. I have to get enthused before I make another one.
I am going to run out of the smaller UFO's that don't need much work but there are plenty of bigger projects or those that aren't very far along in construction. It won't be long before the finishes slow down but it feels good now to have finished four things this year.
I am still doing the machine applique stitching on the pumpkin quilt but it is moving along. I probably have 6 blocks done out of the 12 smaller size. Then there is the large block across the top with a million pumpkins on it to stitch. Well, maybe not a million but I think it will feel like it when I start on it.
We have been having warm weather in the 70's and even low 80's one day. It is due to change to the cooler side though for next week. Wish you could visit me!
Time to head for the sewing room. Come back for a visit soon.
Karen

17 comments:

  1. You have some great UFO's! I'm sure it feels wonderful to mark them off of your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute bunny! I love it. I love Joined at the Hip patterns. Always cute and cheerful. You are just cruising right along! Four finishes! I haven't even gotten near 1 finish yet. I need to get my tail moving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bunny but I'm really beginning to feel bad. I haven't finished anything in so long I can't remember! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Karen. I have most of those from when I had my shop. They are fun to hang each month aren't they?
    Your bunny shows up just fine. We can see it no problem.
    How's the knee?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bunny and also love Joined at the Hip patterns. You are really on a roll with your finishes and I LOVE all 4 of them. BTW I checked my magazines for the pattern of your #3 finish and I have it, yahoo - into a someday pile it went. Thanks for so much inspiration.

    Hugs - karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so cute! I love the Joined at the Hip patterns but have yet to purchase one. They are perfect for a seasonal touch in the home. HMMMM - is it time to order one or two of the patterns? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finish...you're getting tons done...good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - Four Finishes! You are amazing. What a fun spring design. I need to get busy and make up some things to use in spring - it is my weakest season *s*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your bunny quilt, and I see it just fine. You are on a roll here girl, Spring is just around the corner. I would love some 70's to 80's. Have a great weekend.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's a lot of finished projects in just 10 days. Way to start crossing things off the list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well here you come after beeing without internet for 10 days and what is that I see...FOUR finishes...!!! :o)
    You are amazing... and I love them all...fantastic...loved the blue one in an older post!!
    Better get myself organized and start some sewing!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is really cute. Congrats for getting it finished. I'm working on my UFOs with hopes to get them finished before the end of 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Karen, I love your Bunny Quilt...very cute! Well done on all of those finishes already!! CAthy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is soo cute! I never thought about it, but I guess I don't have an Easter quilt either. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute bunny!!! Good job with your UFO's!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You've been on a roll there girl!!! I'm in awe at all you've completed this year already!!! Good for you!!!
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete