QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Thursday, April 16, 2009

MYSTERY CONTENTS OF THE SEWING ROOM CLOSET

I had several requests to show some of the UFO projects that are in the sewing room closet. I showed the newly cleaned and straightened sewing room in my last post. I also showed photos of the closet in that room that still needs the magic touch. I am starting the process of sorting through things that are in the closet. I need to figure out which quilt tops need backing prepared and which already have it. I only have one quilt batt right now and need to order more. That will probably happen in May.


You asked and I start.


I don't have a big floor space available in the sewing room for spreading out the quilt tops. That is the best room for taking photos at night, so I am spreading out as far as I can. This is a mainly pink and brown quilt made with reproduction fabrics. I have to create a back for this one.

I made a quilt top with Halloween fabrics. This is my own design. It needs a quilt back created.


This quilt top was a mystery quilt that my group, The Sew 'n Sews did a couple years ago. I think everyone else that did the project already has their quilt all done. I was the one who spear headed the mystery and mine still needs quilting. Bad me!



I have taught the Double Wedding Ring pattern a few times. These were class samples and never were quilted. I think I am going to part with the purple and green one with the leaves. I know someone who would probably enjoy having that. The catch will be that the new owner will have to finish it.


This is more my colors! I also made one in purples & greens in a queen size that was purchased by a grandmother for her grand-daughter's wedding gift. I have never made a bed size one for myself. Maybe someday.
It is late so this will have to be all for tonight. More to come. Stay tuned.
Karen



12 comments:

  1. Thank you for the quilt tour :o) Love them all, but I love the second double wedding ring one! Nice colors... our style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, it looks as if you have more than enough to keep you going for quite some time. Are you going to finish them all yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to be a very busy girl...they are all so close to being done! YIPPEE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun to see the quilt tops in your closet! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What nice quilt tops! I love the double wedding ring. I made the double wedding ring quilt for our daughter when she got married. It's beautiful.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the tour. I love em all but the pink and brown one really speaks to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW, I see much binding in your future. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great show and tell *s* Double wedding ring instructor? I may just be pumping you for some tips. I'd like to make one . . . . someday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is like having our own private quilt show. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Completely lovely, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some people would call you a "topper" instead of a quilter just because you have so many tops. They are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have so many beautiful and stunning quilts! Hope you'll post pictures as you get to quilt them and finish them. So many lovely pieces of work.
    happy sewing:o)
    Laila

    ReplyDelete