QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Friday, April 24, 2009

PART 6 AND IS SHE EVER GOING TO BE DONE?

I know what you are thinking. Is there ever going to be a bottom to the closet?
It is getting close - at least on finished quilt tops. There are UFO projects in there also. Today I am sharing with you this flag quilt. The pattern was in the Quilt Sampler spring/summer 2007 issue. The pattern is called "Raise the Flag" and was a pattern presented by Good Wives Co. in Marion, Ohio. I did the smaller version that pattern tester, Laura Boehnke did. I definitely need to get this finished soon as it is a good time to display patriotic quilts.
The angels are from a pattern I think was Brannock & Patek. I made this a long time ago. I like it very much so I don't know why I haven't taken time to quilt it.

The house quilt top is a lot newer than the last one. Probably made 1 1/2 years ago. I do like house quilts!


The last top today is "Last Rung on the Ladder" by Lynda Hall. I should have made more blocks but it will be a good size to hang on my quilt ladder.
I photographed a finished quilt but I am going to have to display it differently to get a good picture. The reason I wanted to show it to you is that I was looking for it in quilt top form. I do not remember hand quilting it but I did. I don't have a label on the quilt, so I don't know when I did it. I have been thinking that it was unfinished. I was going to have it professionally machine quilted as it is such a big quilt. How can I forget that I actually hand quilted it? I took it out in the yard and spread it out for a picture but it is too shady. Guess it will have to be spread on a bed and a photo taken that way. Just thought you would get a chuckle that I couldn't remember it being finished. It was in a large basket displayed in my living room but with other quilts on top.
Come back for more, if you are enjoying my quilt tops. An old friend told me once that it was okay to have a quilt top collection because they take up less room than finished quilts. Guess I decided that was a good idea.
Karen



20 comments:

  1. I love seeing them all, so I will definitely be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I am drooling now..... I love your quilts. Guess what, I made that angel quilt too....lol.. and I love the AP&Q article on the Good Wives shop, nice job on their quilt...I want my home to look like their shop. Yes, its the colors of your quilts that really make me drool. Keep going its such a good quilt show!!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez....I don't even know what to say. It is a one woman show over there! I'm totally blown away..I truly am!! Then...to have that gorgeous hand quilted top for display...get that one on your ladder! Wow, wow, wow....I'm guessing you have more quilts than just about anybody I know and they all just ooze with charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so funny Karen, to actually not remember hand quilting a project LOL. Gotta say I love the house quilt, I'm very partial to them.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you do have alot of quilt tops. :-) Thanks for all of the pictures of them! I love all of Lynda's patterns and I also love house quilts. It's also pretty funny that you forgot that you *handquilted* your quilt!! lol Glad it's already done, that's one off of your to-do list. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Those are all gorgeous too. I really like the flag and the house ones. There's no time like the present to raise the quilt one!
    Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yet more lovely quilts - you must be enjoying seeing them again too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol what good advice! More quilty goodness! I love the ladder quilt.... beautiful colors! Actually I love them all... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing all of your quilt tops and it makes me feel better about the large number of tops I have waiting to be quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, I think today's pictures are my most favorite! I love them all!!
    Gosh, you have so many wonderful quilts!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an amazing closet to spit out all of those masterpieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, you have soooo many beautiful quilt tops! How do you decide what to quilt next? I can't wait to see 'til your next post. I love the variety!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love, love, love your house quilt! And yes, finished tops do take up a lot less room than quilted ones!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you have some gorgeous tops, whats the plan for them? I'm in love with the house quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. More great quilt tops! 8-)

    Not remembering that you had hand quilted a quilt just means that you've made many quilts! And your friend is bang on with the notion that quilt tops take up less room than finished quilts!!! lol! 8-)

    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh... you are amazing Karen... you have a big closet...:o) Love your House Quilt... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your quilts are wonderful Karen.I could look all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really neat. Love the design in the last quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, 3 X WOW ! These quilt tops are absolutely incredible... soo beautiful ! How talented you are ;>)
    I'm especially in awe with the houses one. LOVE that pattern, and love those cheerful plaid homespun fabrics that we can't find easily here in Belgium :>(
    Have a nice day, dear !
    Smiles from my little corner of the world...
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have an amazing collection of quilt tops!
    I like the plaid houses the best!

    ReplyDelete