QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Cheri Payne pattern.

Monday, September 28, 2009

SEPTEMBER FINISH FOR THE QUILT CLUB

Good-bye old friends. No, not you! I mean the fabrics from my scrap basket that went into the making of this quilt. No much came off the shelves. This is mySeptember finish for the Charming Girls' Quilt Club. The name of the quilt pattern that I used is "Last Rung On the Ladder" and is by Lynda Hall of Primitive Pieces by Lynda. The quilt had been layered and spray basted for at least three months. The top itself had hung in the sewing room closet for months. It was time to finish the project. I just about didn't make it to the finish with vacation this month.
I am showing a photo of the backing. I created a ladder using a wood grain look fabric. I thought it was something that would go with the title of the quilt. The fabric for the backing all came from stash. So no new purchases for any of the quilt.
Now to decide what project I will commit to for October. Have to think about it a bit.

My Bernina is in for service so I am taking the time to cut out for a quilt. Some of the fabric was on the floor of the sewing room so this will get things used and then put away. I have a good Pfaff I could sew on if the mood hits. I just don't feel like getting it out and setting up. I am very grateful to have two good sewing machines so that I have a backup machine. My Bernina was a luxury gift from my husband two years ago. I say luxury because my Pfaff sews very well. And I had an older Bernina for back up at the time and it sewed well. The new Bernina does have some features that I wanted, though.

I am off to the sewing room. Come back soon!

Karen

40 comments:

Caryn said...

I love the pattern and the colors! I also LOVE the quilt in your header.

call me crazy said...

I love the quilt Karen! My kinda colors and pattern! :) And what a clever back! Cute! I like your new background and header photo too~ fall is in the air here today~ it was breezy and 44º this AM. :o

Colleen said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love the quilt :o) I have a Janome/New Home that I love... it has nice features on it. But now I have fallen in love with an ENORMOUS upgraded one... ahh, a girl can dream! Maybe someday :o)

Wendy said...

Great finish, my kind of scrappy quilt. The design of the lights and darks is very interesting.

Karen said...

Beautiful quilt and I like the ladder on the back. Very clever.

Screen Door said...

I have this pattern... Truthfully I have 3 Primitive Pieces Patterns. Kind of Intimidated with the directions. You're giving me the courage to try this. I'm going to start studying this pattern tonite. Great backing... Colors fit the season. Thanks for sharing....

Jeanette said...

I love Lynda's patterns! And, yours looks great. Good for you getting your projects finished!! I love the ladder on the back, very clever!

Carrie P. said...

A great finish for Sept. I love it. I like your quilt on the header too.

Kim said...

Love the ladder. :o)

Kaaren said...

Great finish, Karen. I sure love scrappy quilts, especially those made from your stash.

Julia said...

Gorgeous Karen - it's the colours as well as the pattern:0)

Quilt Hollow said...

Love, love, love that backing!!!!!! Well, almost near as much as the top! OMG...this one pulls at my heartstrings!

katie said...

I love the quilt, front and back.

Julia said...

Beautiful..that is awesome Karen.
Great idea for the ladder on the back...love it!
Julia ♥

Janet said...

Terrific quilt, I love the pattern and the back is a fantsatic feature.

Sandi said...

Love, love, love that quilt!! Both front and back. Gorgeous colours and pattern!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Lovely, Karen, just lovely. It's so pretty. Way to get those old UFO's finished. The back is perfect BTW. Way to sew, girl!

Crispy said...

Karen, you make the loveliest quilts, I really like your ladder backing...very clever :0)

Crispy

Lurline said...

Gorgeous quilts and I love the cats on the border in the header!
Hugs - Lurline♥

black bear cabin said...

another beauty...and the ladder on the back is an awesome touch! :)

QuiltSue said...

What a gorgeous quilt, and the ladder on the backing is a brilliant finishing touch. When I grow up I would like to be as clever as you.

em's scrapbag said...

The scrappy quilt is fabulous. I love it. I also like your new header. Those ghosts are adorable.

Cathi said...

The ladder in the backing is brilliant! That quilt really does look like fall to me.

Rose said...

I love the ladder pattern and the wonderful colors. Rose

Millie said...

Great finish and the backing is just as nice. Two quilts in one...you can't get better than that! And then you did not buy any new fabrics too.

Mel said...

SOOO cute!! Love it!

Rose Marie said...

Love the quilt and your backing and all from stash ..... bonus!

Angela said...

Lovely, lovely quilt! And your back is fantastic! What a great way to tie it into the meaning of the quilt!

Libby said...

Great finish - just love the design on the back. It's great when there's a little surprise hidden on the reverse *s*

p.s. love the new banner pic.

Teresa said...

A very nice quilt and so good that you are finishing it. I do like the creative backing.

Barb said...

Hi Karen -
your blog is wonderful, I love the wallpaper and header quilt. The ladder on the back of your quilt is so whimsical I love it!
thanks for adding us to your blog roll - I think you are the first--
barb

QuiltedSimple said...

Love the pattern and colors! And the back goes so perfectly with the front!
Kris

Sheila said...

Beautiful quilt! Probably my favorite of Lynda's patterns. Your backing is very inspiration too.

julieQ said...

I just really like this quilt. Both front and back are wonderful! And this one would be great for leaders and enders, what a great finish for you.

Magnolia Bay Quilts said...

Beautiful quilt! Don't you love getting rid of scraps?

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Karen, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that quilt. That is wonderful.

Ginger Patches said...

Yay for you :) That's a beautiful quilt...and that ladder back is very fun!! My Bernina needs servicing and I don't want to let her go!!!

Serena said...

It's a lovely quilt! and I love that back!!

Stina said...

The quilt is just wonderful...and this is one creative back!!! Love it karen!! :o)

Jeanne said...

Karen, I love your quilt! Thank you for sharing the pattern info. Your header made me smile, too.