QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Sarah Sporer pattern called "Summer Glory".

Monday, September 21, 2009

A SURPRISE GIFT PACKAGE

What's better than a bill or junk mail? A surprise package. My husband just returned from the post office. We had our mail held the week we were on vacation. There was a squishy big envelope in the mail tote. I could not remember ordering any fabric. Then I saw the return address. The package was sent from Takako of Quilt In Me. I tried tearing it open but had to get the scissors to handle the job. Inside I found a tote bag, fabric, a quilt magazine, and a thank you card from Takako. I had sent her a pattern recently and was not expecting anything in return. You need to take a close up look at the tote. It is hand quilted! There is an added decorative tassle like affair hanging from the top of the bag. On the end is a fabric flower. I tried taking a close-up of it by holding it and the camera at the same time. I don't think I did a very good job taking the pictures. Such a cute idea. This is going with me the next time I go out somewhere and take things with me. The fat quarters are all tone on tone leaf prints and go well with my stash of darker colored fabrics. And who doesn't like a quilt magazine! Thank you so much, Takako.


If you have never visited Takako's blog, be sure to do so. Her & I like the same style of quilts. It is always interesting to see what she is working on. She is a fast hand quilter and does it well. She lives in my original home state but in a different area. A good friend even though we have never met in person.

I'm heading off to the sewing room.
Karen

27 comments:

Crispy said...

What a lovely gift!!! I bookmarked her blog so I can go explore when I get home from work :0)

Crispy

Serena said...

Awesome Gift! I'll be checking out her blog!

Dawn Heese said...

How generous of both of you.

Stina said...

Ohhh... that is a very nice present... the bag is just wonderful.. did see it on her blog.. and admirede it then.. and Im so happy that you have it.. :o)) Enjoy the wonderful surprise!! :o)

Anne Heidi said...

What a wonderful package to receive, the bag looks so pretty!

Myra said...

Oh what wonderful mail-time goodies you've received!!! How generous of Takako! 8-)

Gwendie said...

That was so sweet of her! Surprises are just the best!

Karen said...

A hand quilted bag!! Lucky you. Very cute.

Carrie P. said...

How very nice of you both to share with other. Lovely bag she made.

Angela said...

What a lovely gift!

Julia said...

How lovely - lucky you:0)

Kaaren said...

Super surprise gift! Aren't they the best? Blogging friends are the greatest!

Catherine said...

What a great gift to come home to -- and the fact it's a surprise makes it even better!

PatchworkRose said...

Takako's quilting is just divine. Love the colours of the bag. Hope you feel special :-))
Cheers Lynne

Lurline said...

Lucky girl - we all love surprises!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Lovely tote bag and goodies to go with it, what a great surprise :^)

Sandi said...

Takako's bag is beautifully quilted. Love the colours too! Such a lovely gift.

Janet said...

Takako's projects are always so beautifully done and I'm sure you're a deserving recipient. The bag is gorgeous.

loulee said...

What a lovely treat.

QuiltSue said...

What a great gift, and somehow surprise pressies are always the best I think.

Betweens said...

karen.. I have followed Tak for quite a while and your right she does wonderful work...you have a wonderful surprise and a great friend. I love your Perfect Garden pattern too..it is really gorgeous

Teresa said...

What a nice bag and goodies. I love your Halloween cat - so did you hear from your friend and was she absolutely thrilled at your gift? I know I would be - scary grin and all.

Wendy said...

I clicked on the picture and the hand quilt is amazing. I'm sure you'll treasure such a wonderful surprise gift.

Takako said...

Karen and all ladies!

Thank so very much for such a wonderful complement about my gift for Karen. I am so lucky to know Karen as a good friend and inspiring quilter.
Also thank you for your visit my blog too.
Karen, I am so glad to know you like the tote and other goodies. Just enjoy!!

Tak

Corrie said...

Great gift! The bag is so cute, enjoy the magazine!

julieQ said...

What a wonderful package! Love the bag...isn't that better mail than bills and circulars?

em's scrapbag said...

What a great package. Have fun in your sewing room.