QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Sarah Sporer pattern called "Pond Racing".

Saturday, October 3, 2009

BOO

"Boo" is finished. This is a small project and did not take a lot of time. It was just finding time to do the final finishing work. I like the way the spiders are made. A happy project.
I know the back isn't very interesting but wanted to show you the buttons. I used the witch hat fabric that was used on the front in the border. I decided to attach the two buttons on the back. I have to get to the craft store this weekend. I have been to two Michael's store looking for textile medium and forgot to get some of the magnetic strip stuff. I want the self adhesive kind. I plan on sticking a piece on each button. The quilt is small enough that it will stick to the refrigerator just fine and not get in the way. At first, I tried jute cord with an end tied around each button. That didn't work because the quilt buckled when I held the middle of the cord.
I love fall quilts! It is such fun visiting blogs and seeing all the quilts both for Halloween and fall itself. I know Halloween is not recognized everywhere in the world and it isn't fall in the southern hemisphere. But we sure love it here.

Looking forward to another visit from you soon.

Karen

21 comments:

Darlene said...

Very cute!

call me crazy said...

Cute, cute, cute Karen! I like the spiders too. ;) Why not try a little loop of yarn around each button, instead of one long piece? Have a great weekend! :)

Crispy said...

That is really a cute piece Karen. I love the spiders!!

Crispy

Caryn said...

Love the wallhanging and the magnet idea!

black bear cabin said...

what a cute idea to put magnets on it...i hang one on the fridge too, and never thought of that (i hang mine in a magnet clip).
how big is this little gem...its adorable! (and where did you get the pattern?)

Kathie said...

nice to have a halloween quilt for the header picture too! love those cats on the border!
I like the spiders too, they look friendly!
Kathie

Kaaren said...

That is so darn cute, Karen! It's so much fun to decorate for Fall and Halloween, especially quilts!

Angela said...

what a cute wallhanging! And great idea about the magnets! The apartment that we used to live in had a metal front door, and I always magnet-ed holiday decorations of to it! :o)

Colleen said...

So cute, Karen! And I am with you. I love fall :o)

Sue said...

That's really very cute. I am getting started on some fall projects too. Went to a new quilt shop today and it was great fun!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Jackie said...

Very cute. Puts us in the spirit.
I am helping my DD finish a halloween quilt that she started back when she was a teenager.

Enjoy!
Jackie

QuiltSue said...

What a great little hanging.

Lorraine said...

Spring here in Aus - Spring and Autumn are fab times of the year aren't they! love your little quilt.....and great idea to have it on the fridge....!

Wendy said...

What a cute little piece for Halloween decorating. I just finished a quilt, I did the spiders legs with a neat stitch on my machine and Aurfil wool thread. I just posted about it today.

Micki said...

What a wonderful block! The spiders are out of this world.
Micki

Millie said...

So cute and perfect for Halloween!

Carrie P. said...

Well that little pumpkin keeps popping up where ever I go since I put a picture of him on my blog. He is cute.

julieQ said...

It is darling, Karen. Love that happy little face!!

Libby said...

What a darling quilt and such a clever way to display it. I hope you'll show a pic when it's on the fridge *s*

Jeanne said...

Your little Boo quilt is adorable!

Piecefulafternoon said...

My friend made that same wall hanging - those spiders are so cute.