QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Cheri Payne pattern called "Tis' Spring".

Thursday, October 15, 2009

MISS TESSIE TWITCHETT

Let me introduce you to Miss Tessie Twitchett. She has four dresses with co-ordinating aprons that she is modeling for you. Her collar is the same fabric as her apron. She is patiently awaiting spring, the time when we seem to think more about bunnies and she will get to be on display.
The green border fabric is from the Liberty Garden line of fabric put out by Moda a good while back. I didn't have quite enough left to complete the border using a continuous strip, so I added in a rectangle of the green with cream stars from the same line of fabric. Have to make do sometimes. I tried adding a scrap from the original border fabric. With such a big print, it looked odd, so I like the solution I came up with.
This is the back of the quilt. I used left overs from making the bunnies to piece the stars. And the scraps of the border fabric went in between.

Miss Tessie Twitchett was created from a pattern in "Say It With Flowers" which is a Jan Patek book.

Enjoy your day!

Karen

30 comments:

Cathi said...

Miss Tessie Twitchett is absolutely adorable!! And I love the back! Great little quilt!

Barb said...

So adorable!!!

Kaaren said...

Super quilt, Karen!

Personally, I love when patterns are altered from the original design, whatever the reason. In your case, you ran out of a particular fabric. I love the results. It makes it kind of whimsical and 'your own' at the same time. And the back? I love it as much as the front.

Pat said...

GREAT job...front AND back!!!

Angela said...

She is so cute! I love all her dresses! Such a happy little quilt!

KSedlak said...

What a darling quilt. Miss Tess Twitchett is adorable. I love the border print and the back is beautiful too.

Teresa said...

A very sweet quilt and would be perfect to display around Easter.

Myra said...

A wonderful finish Karen! Good for you! 8-)

Pat said...

Love it. Sooo cute.

Jeanne said...

Miss Tessie is adorable! Great finish.

Stina said...

I love Miss Tessie...and her beautiful dresses!!! ANd Spring... ahh.. doesnt that word have a nice ring to it!!! ;o)) Have a great weekend!!

Lori said...

LOl! I had a smile just from the cute name!!! Perfect for spring!! Great job!

Colleen said...

Oh she is going to enjoy being shown off next spring :o)

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Miss Tessie Twitchett is adorable and she will be perfect for Spring.....if only it was only a short while off.
Your make do worked out fine, its so liberating!! I also like the back of the quilt, its worth the peek.

Julia said...

Miss Tessie is adorable! A darling little quilt...Great finish.

Julia ♥

em's scrapbag said...

Very cute quilt! Love the way you fixed the border problem.

Elaine Adair said...

Not only is little quilt darling, but the backing is wonderful also, but your banner/heading wins the prize for cleverness! You've gone over the top with clever. 8-)))

katie said...

I love everything about the quilt and the way you did it.

YankeeQuilter said...

Great little quilt and very creative back!

Carrie P. said...

So very cute!

Allie said...

This is adorable! I love how you did the back, and how you added to the border. Wonderful!!!!

QuiltSue said...

Miss Tessie is just wonderful. She is so cute. I love your backing too.

Janet said...

Adorable is the best way to describe the quilt, I love the dressess and the back is a great finish.

Libby said...

Miss Tessie is just a sweetie. Love the border solution. I wouldn't have noticed it right away if you hadn't mentioned. That's the kind of surprise that I love to find in a quilt *s*

QuiltedSimple said...

what a sweetie! she will be perfect for spring
Kris

Serena said...

Love this quilt! And the back!

call me crazy said...

Oh Karen~ that is just as cute as can be! Miss Tessie will welcome spring so cheerfully. :-) I love the back too.

Micki said...

Miss Tessie is so pretty!
Great job!

Micki

Kim said...

Miss Tessie Twitchett, such fun to say. CUTE quilt and nice use of fabric for the backing. Such fun!

Michelle said...

What adorable bunnies and I love how you did the backing.