QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Part 2 of the Spring Sewing Party

Hey, it's me again! I have been working diligently on the #2 spring project. It is almost 12:30 pm and, no, I have not taken a nap. If you read the previous post, you know I have been up since about 4:15 am.

Here is the fused applique tulip quilt that I put together this morning. Not the best photo but it is not like the last time you will be seeing the wall hanging. I just quickly pinned the quilt to the design wall and I can see it is pouching out. I will try to get a better picture next go round. The pattern I used is called "Spring Baskets" and is in the book "Quilt the Seasons". The designer is Pat Sloan. I think all the patterns in the book are meant to be fused and buttonhole stitched. The applique parts are all reversed in the book. It could be hand appliqued but you would need to un-reverse the pattern shapes first.
I am a prim/country style quilter so my spring colors may not be as pastel as someone else might prefer. I did not use any one particular line of fabric though there are several pieces from Madeira and Portobello Market.

The sun has not come back out but it is no longer sprinkling. I don't know the temperature.

Well, my half of a cream stick and banana are wearing off. Time for a diet Coke without caffeine. By the way, the saying is that a diet Coke cancels out any bad calories you might have eaten.

I will be making the rounds soon to see how many others are working on their spring sewing projects.

10:07 PM UPDATE

I wonder how many of you are still sewing. I am fading fast, especially since I have been awake for 18 hours. I finished stitching the wool down on the chicks table mat. I have a tiny bit of embroidery to do on it. Then I have to attach the piece to the yellow plaid that it will lay on. Not tonight, though. I look forward to doing some more stitching tomorrow. Hope I sleep better tonight.

Karen

37 comments:

  1. Wow... I LOVE IT!!!! Perfect colour choices.. :o) Dont think I have come across this book... might have to take a look at it.. really really loved this pattern..:o)
    Spring sure is on it´s way!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is so beautiful. I bought the patterns looooong time ago but never done them. But this really wants me to look for the pattern again. Keep on girl. Have a fun Spring Sewing Party Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo cute!! I was up at 7:20 and I thought that was bad on a rainy Saturday...now I don't feel so bad lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your spring quilt, I'm not a pastel person so I don't have a lot of spring type quilts-I could make and enjoy using that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your spring quilt, I'm not a pastel person so I don't have a lot of spring type quilts-I could make and enjoy using that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great way to get some quilting books! It's my kind of price!! The spring quilt is really cute and I love the fabrics you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW--love that quilt and that design--it sure looks "springy" enough for me!!!! I am doing brighter colors--yet I am more into your color field in general I think--I am on break--a chocolate one!!!! Hugs, DI

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this quilt is beautiful and I just love your colors. Will you do your applique by hand or machine?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that quilt! You'll likely be in bed tonight early, but happily exhausted...

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the fabrics you used for this
    congrats on another top finished!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi ya Karen, I do like your spring quilt. But Coke without caffeine ???? I need the caffeine today !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry--the above comment is from Little sister--Barbara--we goofed in posting---???/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it a lot! Great colors. I've had so much Diet Coke today I'm spinning...or maybe it's the M&M's

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colors you chose are beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Karen!
    Great job, I love the colors!
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks very Spring-like from here too! :-) Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks great Karen...and I thought 7am was early...
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very cute Karen - and I think the fabric is perfect for the pattern! Way to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love that one! I made the same one earlier last year! I love Pat Sloan's projects. So cute!

    You did such a lovely job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perfect choice to Spring up your house.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love it, it looks fantastic!! And I've never that saying, but I am going to hold on to that one, especially after the cookies I've eaten today☺

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your spring quilt is beautiful...love the colors and the prim style!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like you had a very productive day. I love your spring quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely spring quilt! I love the flowers. I also love the quilt in your header - what great sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loooooooooooooooooove it...!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow you are sure productive when you get up so early, I love this project!! I was up at 4:30 this morning and have only played on the computer the last hour LOL.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely...just the thing for spring! I did not sew, we went to see our son for his birthday instead. I am so looking forward to seeing your chickens!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just love your spring quilt :))

    ReplyDelete
  29. That's always been one of my favorite Pat Sloan designs - I love yours, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Karen your prim Spring applique is beautiful. I'm all about the prim look and love that piece! I woke up this morning about 4:30am because my day was such a bust yesterday I wanted to make sure I got something done. It's been 12 hours and I'd like a nap but don't want to waste one minute of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  31. How cute! I'm partial to the Portabello Market material...I have a bunch of charm squares that I am using to make a disappearing 9patch quilt for my bed. Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is my favoritt ! Love your choice of fabric :o)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very nice. I like your version of Pat's design.

    ReplyDelete