QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Saturday, February 6, 2010

A SMALL FINISH

I have a small finish to share with you. And it is one of my projects for finishing this month for The Charming Guys & Girls Quilt Club. This is a small stitchery project called "God Bless the 'Ewe' S A". The pattern is a free one available at Sew Many Prims. The design is by Susan Frace. The pattern has the stitchery made into a pillow but I made mine into a little wall hanging. The piece is embroidered and also colored in with colored pencils. Fun to do. One word of caution, though. I cut my background piece to the size specified and it wasn't big enough to hoop for some of the stitching close to the edges. The directions tell you to trim it to a certain size after stitching. I must have printed my pattern out larger than it was supposed to be as there was no way I could cut it that small. When you print out your pattern, check the design area and check the finished cutting measurements in the directions. You may need to have you background cut larger than it says.
I have embroidered a basket block and added some wool stars. This is the first of a set of basket blocks I will be making. I am using Perle Cotton for the stitching.
It sure is windy here today. We aren't having bad weather like some of the USA is having, though. I know that it is hard to get around in all that snow and ice, so those of you in the affected areas, stay inside and stitch. It is in the 60's here today but is to cool off quite a bit tonight.

Nothing else exciting to report here. I will get back to stitching on another basket block.

Bye!

Karen

30 comments:

  1. That is so very cute! I love it. I do love the smaller projects these days myself as you can get more of them done it seems:)
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute project, Karen :o) And I am loving that basket block. That is going to be a great quilt. It is about 20? here today... not sure except I know I am freezing my behind off and would rather hibernate in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice finish!! I think I've stumbled over that pattern site before. I like the basket as well...that will be a sweet little project!!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sheep! I think I have that pattern printed out...somewhere! I must find it and stitch it up before summer! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Basket block looks fabolous ... :o) Mine isnt even traced yet... but might be before the weekend is over.. one can only hope..lol...
    Think of me when you have lousy weather..and cold.. ;o) -25 C this morning and snowy...again!!! SIGH!!!
    The snow is hanging down from the garage a yard now... Have a good Sunday..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute little wall hanging! And I love your basket block! Is that a BOM? Have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your projects. Snow days are perfect for sewing and we have had a few here in Nova Scotia lately so like you my projects are coming along quite well.
    Happy Sewing:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks great. I love the way the pearle cotton looks for the basket.
    sheep is very cute, love the flag.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are darling projects with a bonus of one being FINISHED. I like the little basket design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm doing more small things these days and I love the prim patterns. I love the idea of putting some wool stars on the basket. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love your quilt sign and little quilt in the last Post!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are SO darling! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both projects are so cute. Are the basket blocks also going to become wallhangings, or are they destined to be a quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute little bits of stitchery. I won't tell you how long it took me to understand what EWE SA meant LOL.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are both so cute but I really like the baskets.
    Good advice about measuring too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are both so cute!! Too bad about the size, although yours is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The basket block is really cute. It looks familiar but I can't place it. Is it from a pattern or BOM?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both of those pieces are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute, cute and cute! I love the way you add the coloring - something I must try. Did you do a tutorial? Refresh my memory, please.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I do agree withe the other girls, they is both so cute ! You is realy into stichery these day's :o)
    Thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the basket block and using perle cotton is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it, Karen. A finish is a finish, no matter the size.

    Love the basket block. Are there more basket patterns to go with it?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very, very cute, Karen. "Ewe" looks darling as a wall hanging.
    I REALLY like your basket block - the Fall colors are "my thing".

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a darling piece - I'm a sucker for those Americana designs *s*

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your blocks and how you colored the Americana.. Very cute.. Have a blessed day.
    Maggey

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your stitchery very much. Thanks for that link, by the way, I have been over to that site several times enjoying her stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  27. A wonderful little stitchery finish there Karen, and your basket stitchery is lovely! 8-)

    I also like your basket table topper in your previous post! Very cute!

    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That its TOO CUTE "Ewe S A" - I love it. And, the basket is cute too! Way to stitch Karen!

    ReplyDelete