QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

CHARMING QUILT CLUB FINISHES

Back for my second post of the day. I noticed the date of March 31st when I was doing the earlier post. It reminded me that I needed to post my finishes for the "Charming Guys & Girls Quilt Club". I had selected five projects that I wanted to finish this month. I managed to finish four. The quilting of the Spring quilt will have to be moved to April's list.

I finished the prim style wool mat with the long pot and all the flowers just yesterday. I decided to leave off the alphabet and the year that was to be appliqued on the bottom of the black background. I trimmed the black wool down and then added a border of pink, white, & green twill. I think the piece was also supposed to have wool "tongues" on the two ends. I decided that the piece was busy enough without all the other added. This will be a gift somewhere along the line.
You have already seen the pineapple mat on an earlier post if you follow my blog on a regular basis.
Same goes for the house mat. This one was a favorite of many of you that left comments. The mat is a large one and I really did not have a place to display it well. A fellow blogger left such nice comments about this mat that I decided she should have it. You can visit it here and see who I gave it to.
And the last finish is the wool heart mat which I posted earlier this month.

Now to decide what I want to accomplish in April.

Karen

22 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful projects, Karen. I'm always so impressed by your creations.

    And don't forget - you did those fun pincushions that so many love as well.

    Works of Art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. Just lovely projects. You really do very nice work:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how do you get so much done? Beautiful work! (I have a Featherweight. Just a plain straight stitch. lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those make my new little strip quilting project look blah in comparison:^) I was surfing around today and found this great quilt racks site:
    http://grabsomestuff.offershop.us/misc-products/quilt-racks-offer

    Really like the wrought iron looking one on the front page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty finishes! That house mat is adorable, as are all the other mats. Really nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these are so nice! I do have to say I have a weakness for the matt with the houses, but all are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic show and share....I can easily see you are doing better. Enjoy your Easter weekend if we don't speak before then!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been busy with lots of fun things. Your wool projects are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous!!!I love them all. Can't wait to see your April projects! You do beautiful work♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! You do such nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all gorgeous! I love the sheep and the willow tree one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know I love them all! But for some strange reason the wide flower vase one tugs my heart! And those are not even my colors!!! I think because it is such a fun shape and fun flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your mats are wonderful. I think the salt-house one is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know how you get so much done! These are fabulous. I love the long flower pot and I think you're right about it being busy enough - it is wonderful.

    So sweet of you to send that house mat off! It's so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of wonderful finishes!! Love the flower pot piece :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah for the finishes - I just love those wool projects *s*

    ReplyDelete
  17. such lovely work!
    I can't believe you gave away those beautiful houses - how nice of you.
    Looking forward to seeing what you get done in april!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love tehm all!! I think the liberties you took with the bowl of flowers is good. It really is wonderful!! Great finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great finishes Karen!!! I love your wool mats!

    ReplyDelete