QUILT INFO

Liberty Houses is shown in the header picture. It is a Jan Patek pattern in her book "Liberty Garden".

Saturday, March 6, 2010

FIRST MARCH FINISH

My first finish for March is the wool Valentine mat. I am either a little late for Valentine's Day or very early. Take your choice.
The mat was an easy wool project to complete. The pattern is called "Warm Heart" and was in the January/February '08 issue of Quiltmaker. The designer is Zenith Petersen. The size of the project is about 10" x 11".

I had kept the pattern in a project folder. On my recent night of waking up at 4 am and not being able to go back to sleep, I was going through project folders reviewing what I had saved. This heart pattern jumped out at me. I checked my wool stash and found a piece of pink for the heart that was large enough. I already knew I had enough of the other wools to do the project. The shapes were easy to cut and prepare for stitching. An enjoyable process.

I am getting close to being done on the wool table mat with the houses and sheep. In fact, I am going to get busy stitching the edges in a few minutes.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit. I enjoyed having you.

Karen

25 comments:

  1. I love your little mat! That's a great idea to keep all of the projects in a fold. I might have to borrow that one, I have so many magazines to go through now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Darn cute!!! If I put all the projects I want to make in a folder I would need a HUUUGGGGEEE box to store that 'folder' in. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are early with this project...won't it feel good to pull it out next Jan or Feb....oh and I think it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it's absolutely adorable and I think you're just a bit early. Love it, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is just beautiful! And I say you're early, and besides it will perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute mat...

    Love you banner quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I think that is so pretty! I would say you are a little early ( ! ) and that is good. At least you're prepared :D

    Always enjoy looking at a good wool project.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty, love the pink pearle cotton you used ,
    I am working on a Christmas little quilt today , one for me and one for a gift!
    so we are both early !
    keep going!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think it looks too overly Valentines Day but very springy. It is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen, Lovely heart mat. So glad your feeling so good and doing things .HUgs, marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd say you are darned early!! Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh that's a very cute little heart mat-just love getting little projects finished, such a good feeling, good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your little mat. It will be great to have something new already made to display next Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful! I call it an early spring piece. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is very sweet - I think you're early, lol, but you could keep it out all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks wonderful Karen. I seriously don't think you're late or early - I think this piece would look wonderful out all year!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty little mat! I can't imagine already being ready for next February. How inspiring. I need to learn to be more productive on my sleepless nights.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's so pretty. I would definitely think you were ready for next February.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I cant believe you already have a March finish - and its gorgeous! I think it should definitly be counted as extra early! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Late or early, Karen...it doesn't matter cuz it's gorgeous!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hooray for the first finish and such a pretty little thang too :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your beautiful mat is perfect for spring too! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been following your blog for almost a year. I recently joined in. You have inspired me and our tastes are so similar. I love your work. I've never done anything in wool, maybe some day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete