QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

MARCH PICKS FOR CHARMING GUYS & GIRLS QUILT CLUB

Time for me to make a decision on projects to work on for the month of March. I have decided not to add the table runner back in that was on the list the last two months and still waits to be finished. If it gets done, it gets done.
My first project is a wool table mat with houses & sheep on it. All the wool parts & pieces need stitched down and the willow trees need their branches. It has been at the stage shown in the photo for several months.
The second project is a wool mat. I have had the pattern for a couple years. Time to do something with it. I prepped the pieces and got it all laid out this morning. The directions on making this are a bit different than I am used to but I am going to give it a try.
The third project is also done in wool. I worked all afternoon and part of this evening prepping the pieces and getting them all placed. There is still an alphabet to add to the bottom. Lots of stitching needs to be done on this one.
The fourth project is to finish this spring wall hanging that I made during the Spring Sewing Party last weekend. I have all the machine stitching done, though this photo was taken before I did that. It just needs a backing, quilted, and binding.
The fifth project is the Valentine table mat. It is all prepped and ready for stitching.
Looks like I have lots of hand work lined up for myself this month. I am really in the mood for the wool projects.

Check back to see how I do!

Karen

32 comments:

  1. Lots of hand work for you! Hope you can find something good on TV...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your projects as you complete them. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Karen - you've got some fabulous projects planned for the month of March. Love all the wool projects. Have fun - I'll be cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have an amazing number of projects there - they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm loving all your wool projects! Especially the house and tree one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 've got some lovely projects to work on. I'll look forward to seeing the finished results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wounderful prosjects, but the spring quilt is still my favoritt :o) How exating to work with wool - I woud love to make your first prosject in wool, love those house and sheep :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on all your wonderful projects... ahhh.. flowers ...flowers and more flowers are coming on a lot of quilts... just LOVELY.. Love the wool basket filled with flowers..:o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wool projects are all beautiful. Especially love the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful projects...love all the wool...you're going to have a very fun month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful projects Karen!!

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful wool projects. You've been busy. Love the Spring quilt..after a record snowfall for February I can't wait for Spring, flowers, and sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You always have the best projects!

    ReplyDelete
  14. March is just brimming with wool over at your place. Love your projects and will be back for your finishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All the projects look wonderful! You know I love wool so I can't wait to see them finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your wool projects are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cheers. Have fun. They look like fun hand work you can carry with you. My favorite is the round table mat with houses.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Boy, you have a lot of UFOS. Looking forward to seeing the finished!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  19. The projects all look wonderful, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What beautiful wool projects you have to work on! I like to work with wool too but haven't done much with it lately. Perhaps I should get back on the bandwagon!

    I'm admiring the lovely quilt using Jo Morton fabric in your header!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my word, I'm jumping right out of chair trying to grab the houses, sheep and trees table mat.

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE it...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful projects you have lined up there.
    I am so enjoying stitching on wool right now, hoping you enjoy just the same.
    Happy Stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You will have a marvelous hand stitching month with all those cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  24. They're all nice but the wallhanging is esp. cute -- it's one my sister would like.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Karen I love working with wool - can hardly wait to finish one project to start another! My favorites are the house and sheep mat (did you get that from Primitive Gatherings?) and the flowers...I'm thinking spring and that would be fun to do. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow..you are being really ambitious. They are all quite nice and I wish you luck in completing them.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You should have those all finished in no time. All the hard work is done.
    The little mat with the houses is so cute. A friend of mine did one and the little trees just make the mat look so great. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I will definitely check back to see your progress. I just love each and every one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My favorite is the spring banner and the white wool table mat! Oh so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  30. You have been busy! Very cute wool projects, isn't it so much fun to work with?!

    I love that Spring wallhanging...can't wait to see it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I LOVEEE everything, Karen :o)

    ReplyDelete
  32. So this are the different types of projects you are going to complete this march.

    indian classified site

    ReplyDelete