QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Monday, March 1, 2010

OLDE EGG CART

My enthusiasm from the Spring Sewing Party continued on through Sunday. I did a lot of the machine stitching on the Tulip basket wall hanging and I stitched the wool mat to the fabric border. This morning I added the backing to the wool mat. It is now complete and ready to lay on my dining room table. Just had to share a photo of the finished project because it is so cute! The pattern name Is "Olde Egg Cart" and is by Buttermilk Basin. Mine is done in wool but you could do it in cotton fabric. The size is 9" x 20". Doing it in wool makes quick work. I used 60 weight cotton thread in matching colors to stitch down the edges of the wool. If you are interested in the pattern look here. Select the button for Spring designs and scroll down until you get to the wool projects. I just noticed a wool project for a tulip basket too right under the egg cart pattern. It doesn't look like a basket but more like a pot to me. Regardless, I like that one, too. I also notice that the egg cart pattern is available as a stitchery pattern.

I will be working today on finishing up the stitching on the tulip basket wall hanging. I do not have much of that left to do. Then on to quilting it.

I find it interesting how a virtual quilting party via the internet can spur us into a sewing frenzy. It is fun to share our progress through the day. I am looking forward to the next party.

Now, off to decide what projects I would like to commit to for the month of March. Enjoy your day and stop back again soon.

Karen

34 comments:

  1. I love this. I'm kind of new to the wool thing. But I'm working on a piece right now. My birthday is coming up, so I'm thinking of creating a small stash of it for some up coming projects. You inspire me.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for Easter and spring!! it is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Easter wool runner - very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those chicks are adorable! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Karen.. your cute little chickens are adorable.. and ready for Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh "sew' cute. Perfect finish for the month of February!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your runner is just too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute and festive...
    ah spring it must be just around the corner, right?
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is soooo cute!! I just love the chicks.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet Karen! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is darling and you are so good to get it done. What a great way to ring in spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karen, I love your easter runner! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt in your header is to die for! And your blog looks lovely in its new attire. Darling little chick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Easter runner is absolutely adorable. I love working with wool - you're right - it does go quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Karen that is too cute - I love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your runner is darling! Especial thanks for the link...a person could get lost in there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute is that! Your first March finish! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your adorable easter runner ! Cute, sweet and absolutly adorable :o))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your Egg Cart runner turned out great! I have not tried any wool projects yet...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it, Karen :o) How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it Karen! Your ready for Easter now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your runner is very cute! Congratulations on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Karen, you always have such cute and nicely done quilts and stitchery projects! The chicks are looking good in wool. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is sooo cute! And there's a funny thing about those Buttermilk Basin patterns... my board and 12 stitcheries sold literally off my wall and should arrive in their new home in KY today! So... I guess you and I will be doing the stitching together!
    Have a great afternoon... I'm off to my girlfriends' place to do our next installment in the Village Sampler Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for nice words on my blog!
    Your table runner is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow - you have been stitchin' up a storm! Love the wool runner. I have a hard time with spring things as they are not usually in my color palette - but this piece really speaks to me *S*

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is A - DOR - ABLE! I love it! Perfect project for the Spring party!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It looks gorgeous- I love working with wools in the cold weather. The chicks' expressions are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your Egg Cart runner is so cute. It makes me smile every time I look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh that is a very cute runner, perfect for Easter! I'll have to check out the link to where I can get the pattern. Thank you for sharing:-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my gosh this is just too, to cute!!!

    ReplyDelete