QUILT INFO

Liberty Houses is shown in the header picture. It is a Jan Patek pattern in her book "Liberty Garden".

Friday, March 26, 2010

READY FOR APRIL

I am ready for April and in more ways than one! It is a dark dismal day here in what is supposed to be Sunny Florida. We had a rainstorm last night and it is still cloudy this morning. I am tired of the below normal temperatures! I hope it improves soon.

I completed a stitchery for April. It is from a set of patterns called "Simple Pleasures Through the Year" and is from Buttermilk Basin. I saw these monthly designs on another blog and now I can't remember which one. Simple designs and easy to stitch.
You can order a frame that the design will fit in but I decided to do something different with mine. I have this wringer from an antique washing machine. I took a piece of jute cord and tied around the top. The stitchery then is clipped to the string with clothespins. I have one for the month of May almost done and will be working on the other months of the year.
I couldn't get down low enough to photograph the wringer with the stitchery where it sits in my home, so I had to sit it on a chair.
I know this wool candle mat looks familiar. This is the second one from the same pattern. The first was made for a gift. I made one for myself to use this fall.
I finished another stitchery block for the "Baskets of Life" quilt. This is a block for the back of the quilt. The backing needs pieced but I just don't have it in me right now to do that. Hope to get to it soon.

I had a win from a give-away at "Crazy'boutQuilts". A fabric panel that looks like folk art style applique blocks, a reproduction fabric (I love it!), and a book called "The New Handmade". I don't win give-aways often but they do seem to come in two's for me. I had two wins very close together a good while back and now that has happened again.
I have been stitching on the first block of "Sweet Nostalgia". I am close to being done. At first, I thought the stitching would go fast but that has not been the case. Maybe I will have a picture of the completed block for my next post. I don't have fabrics for sashing the blocks and will need to look into that in the coming months.

Another thing I am looking forward to in April is the arrival of our friends from the North. They plan a trip here every spring. It is getting close to time and we are anxious for them to get here. It is always a fun time.

Back to my stitching.

Karen

20 comments:

  1. You've been busy, busy, busy. Love the stitchery on the old wringer - great idea. Autumn wool mat is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the April stitchery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of putting the stitchery on the wringer! Very cute!~ and I love those monthly patterns too. Your wool mat is adorable and the Baskets Of Life block for the back is perfect! Hope it warms up for you~ have a happy weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Before long that sun will be shining.

    Oh my, what a fun, fun stitchery and even more fun that you thought of the unique idea of putting in on the wringer.

    I "thought" I remembered that leaf candle mat from somewhere. What a great one for fall with the beautiful Fall colors.

    Your work, as always, is exquisite.

    Signed - a smiling admirer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute way to display the stitchery. Congrats on your wins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on the giveaway wins!!! those are always a fun treat :)
    i love the Autumn candle mat you made...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been a dedicated stitcher!!! It's so fun to win every now and then... congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the stitchery basket and APRIL sign
    I am really ready for April, they are saying snow today, its so cold here again...
    cute wool mat too, great for the fall.
    have fun with your visitors!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the basket block.... Still debating on whether to add it to my project.... Really anxious to get it quilted....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great little stitchery for April. Great way to display it too.
    congrats on your win. It is always fun to be a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Karen I love your needlework. I agree I am ready for April to start this has been the strangest winter. Take care, Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you sunny days. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness...seeing the stitchery hanging on the old wringer reminds me of something I would do here! I like your style (our style!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your stitcheries. The basket is going to look so good on the back of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the stitcheries. I am anxious to get back into my sewing room but it is a train wreck right at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute stitchery, I'll have to go check it out...I don't do too many but I was thinking it would be fun to do my kid's birthday months and I come here and see April (which is Sarah's b-day) so it feels like it's meant to be! I love how you have it on that little wringer. I hope you get some warm weather soon, ours is finally here, yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love love the stitchery... have some else by them.. and they are wonderful.:o) Love how you displayed the little monthly sign..:o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll still take your weather over mine, lol! Love your stitchery on the wringer. That basket is too cute! Congrats on the win too, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful idea for displaying your pieces! So much lovely stitching going on at your house :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your little antique ringer to display your buttermilk stitchery on...gorgeous! I've tried making little black frames for mine but it just somehow doesn't 'do it' for me...sigh...lol! I'll have to go searching in some old antiquey shops... ;) hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete