QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Cheri Payne pattern.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

CINDERELLA SEWING MACHINE

I have acquired another smaller size sewing machine called "Cinderella". I found it in an antique shop last week. I had injections in my lower back today so I can't get down low enough to get a good photo and I can't lift it either. And I am home alone so this will have to do. The machine is lacking a belt for the motor but I do not think it will be a problem to replace it. We have already measured and know that it needs a 15" one. I did a search on the internet and found next to no information on the machine. I do know that it is referred to as a "1/2 size machine". We know that it works as my husband took the belt off the machine we purchased at a thrift store recently and put it on this one for a trial run. I do think I will have it serviced as it needs a good oiling. Or maybe I will just try oiling and see if the machenisms sound smoother running. The booth where we found the machine had 30% off on all the items so we got this one for $30.00. Again, I did not need a machine but I do like these smaller size ones.
For comparison, I am showing the photo of the other one I purchased recently. They are both very similar in size. The shape of the machines is different. And the Cinderella machine is more ornately decorated. With my Bernina, Pfaff, and these two small machines, I can have a sewing party at my house without guests bringing a machine if they so chose to do.
We still have company and are immensely enjoying our time with them. I am getting in some hand stitching time. Currently, I am working on the hand applique basket blocks trying to get my 20 in for the month. I think I have eleven of them done so far. I will post them soon.

Hope you have enjoyed your visit. Come back soon. I will be here!

Karen

30 comments:

Milah said...

That was a great find! Maybe someone reading this will know more about that machine.

Yvette said...

That is really cute! I would have bought it to just to show it off.

Lori said...

Just tell me when to pack my bags!! LOL I'd love to be sewing on the little cinderella!!

ann hermes said...

The old machines are so beautiful to look at. I love the shape and the gold lettering and detailing.

Bunny said...

That little machine is adorable, I would have grabbed it up too. Hope your back gets better soon.

Screen Door said...

My favorite cartoon movie has always been Cinderella. My kids have always said it was those mice sewing that did the trick. What a precious machine!!!! There's no possible way you could have left her at the store. I'm jealous....

call me crazy said...

What an adorable little beauty! You are very lucky in your shopping! :-) A sewing party sounds fun. Have a good evening and hope your back feels better soon!

Quilt Hollow said...

I love her name too! You seem to be very lucky on your shopping....or I just don't go often enough. (bet is is me!)
Get well soon dear friend!

Beth said...

What a cute little machine! I love it, and it looks like it's in really good shape. Sewing party, when's the sewing party, I'll be right over!

Margaret said...

What fun! You have some great machines there!

Barb said...

I love your machines...how fun!

Shelley said...

Karen, love your machines! I have just become a new follower!

Carrie P. said...

Oh, I hope your back is better. What a sweet little machine. I have not ever heard of either one of those but I don't really look for them either.

Sue-Anne said...

What a beautiful litle machine and at a great price!

Hope you are feeling better with your back and can get to play with it soon.

julieQ said...

Your Cinderella machine is just gorgeous, the decals look in great shape. Hope you can find a belt for her. Is your back pretty bad, Karen? I feel for you!

Kim said...

Looks like a very clean machine. Cinderella, what a perfect name for this little beauty.

Kaaren said...

Your Cinderella looks like a princess of a machine, Karen!

Enjoy!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh that cinderella machine is awesome! I never find good deals like that!

Janet said...

What a sweet little machine, very tiny next to your Bernina I imagine. It would be lovely to have a sew on it.

dee said...

Every time I see one of these darling machines I'm so tempted. This Darling is really sweet.
It will make for a fun sew-in.

Crispy said...

Too cute!! What a wonderful price too, I never find deals like this LOL.

Crispy

Maggey and Jim said...

Wow, are you lucky.. that machine is so cute..Hope you can get it going
Maggey

em's scrapbag said...

I love these old machines. The decoration on the Cinderella is lovely. You found a wonderful deal.

Michelle said...

Those are too COOL! LOL!

Hope your back gets to feeling better.

Jackie said...

Karen,
What a great find! I love your little machine. I am in Kissimmee now, for the past weeks and loving the quilt shops.

katie said...

I've never heard of a Cinderella sewing machine, but it is really sweet. Great find.

Libby said...

What a cutie of a machine . . . . I must remember to keep my eyes out for such treasures. You always share such fun finds *s*

A Lovely Blogger said...

Ahh! You know me with the antique sewing machines, I adore them! :) Beautiful!

Nora Stockman said...

I was just googling to find anyone who had ones of these Cinderella machine and came across you. I found one at a local shop that a friend of mine has it was from her family and was selling so I offered to buy it and she just gave it to me. I took it to be serviced and the older gentleman said that this was a door to door salesman's machine that they would sell you this one and then let you trade up later when you were ready. I've promised mine to my Granddaughter, Ohhh what a great little machine.
Nora in South Carolina

Brian Morton said...

Hello, I came across a Cinderella Sewing machine. The machine is pretty hard to identify but all i can get is that its made in Japan and its a considered a 1/2 size machine and was built as a childs collectible. Mine came with a case and foot pedal and motor and the name on the motor is Champion, and the name on the foot pedal is Mercury... Any info would be greatly appreciated.