QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Sarah Sporer pattern called "Vacancy".

Thursday, April 1, 2010

EASTER STITCHERY AND SOME RETAIL THERAPY

I finished the Easter stitchery. I had stopped at my LQS a week ago for some background fabric and spotted this pink & brown floral fabric. I thought it would make a nice border for the stitchery. I chose a pink DMC floss that closely matches a pink in the floral print and got busy stitching the design. This is Kaaren's design from The Painted Quilt. Her First Friday Freebie pattern from March. I stitched on the design one evening and then the next morning, so it did not take long to do. My original intention was to put the design in a frame similar to what Kaaren did but the fabric colors inspired me to do it differently. I enjoyed making this.
And a little retail therapy. I have not purchased much fabric of late. This is the "Blessings" line of fabric by Brannock & Patek. I am a fan of their fabrics and patterns. I found a good price on the print fat quarter bundle at Rossville Quilts. I had to order the plaid bundle through another shop in that is in Oregon and now I forget the name of the shop. I have no immediate plans for the fabrics. I just thought I should get some before the bundles were sold out. I need to think about what I would like to make and then order some border fabric.
I worked last evening on BunnyHill applique blocks. I am very close to finishing the two blocks. I am going to work on that this morning. Also, I did not feel good last night. A tummy upset. I got up about 12:30 am and worked in the sewing room until 2 am as I could not sleep. I worked on prepping another wool mat project. Hope to have something to show you soon on these projects.

I need to think about what projects to commit to for April and The Charming Guys and Girls Club. I have a few days yet for that. Lots to choose from for sure!

Stop back for a visit when you have the time. I enjoy it.

Karen

25 comments:

Lori said...

I love the beautiful bundle of fabrics!
Way to go on the cute stitchery. You are so fast.

Diane said...

I like the "blessings" fabri line too. Your FFF is real nice, I did mine just like Kaaren did but it's nice to change it up a bit too. I love how they stitch up so quickly!

Diane H said...

Your stitchery is really pretty with the big pink roses and pink floss. Always great to different ideas.

Darlene said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love Kaaren stitchery pattern but have not stitched it - maybe tonight while I sit.

A little bit of retail therapy is a very good thing.

Connie W said...

I hope you have a better night tonight. Those wee hours awake times, especially with tummy problems, are not fun. I woke up at 4:30 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I quietly went to my sewing room too. It feels so different in the dark hours than in the daytime.

Sue said...

The stitchery project is quite nice. I really like the Blessings line too. I have a few pieces and like everything else right now they are in my closet waiting.....but hopefully for not much longer as my new furniture is on its way! Glad for that cuz I'm getting anxious to get back at sewing.

Enjoy your Easter Weekend!

Michelle said...

How cute is that?

Yvette said...

Your stitchery is adorable! That stash of fabric is wonderful too!

I have been having trouble sleeping lately but I never think to go in my sewing room. Hmmmmm, I may be there tonight .

Quilts And Pieces said...

I've been wanting to order some of that line. And Dang - now I see yours and I want to more! And I've been to Rossville Quilts shop! I love that shop! I love what you did with Kaaren's stitchery pattern.

Dandelion Quilts said...

I really want to do that Bunny Hill BOM. I can't wait to see yours.

Deb said...

Your stitchery turned out beautifully and that fabric is perfect. I love all those fabrics that you purchased!

Allie said...

That stitchery turned out darling! I love the fabric with it. Good job!

Ah, retail therapy - looks like you had an excellent session. Can't wait to see what you decide to make! I hope your tummy feels better now.

Margaret said...

Ooooh, so many pretties! Love your Easter stitchery, and that fabric! I want some, but I'm trying to restrain myself. Sigh.

em's scrapbag said...

Sweet stitchery. And your fabrics are very nice.

Colleen said...

Very nice stitchery, Karen. Hope you aren't still feeling under the weather today. Speaking of weather... Wisconsin is near 80 today! This is sooo strange for us.

Love the plaid bundle... yum!

Quilt Hollow said...

Love Blessings line! Someday I will share with you the quilt I made with that line.

Ginger Patches said...

Cute Stitchery! I love the blessings line too, need to get some soon--really liking the plaids, I hadn't seen those before. I'm sorry you had tummy trouble...I hate that! Glad you're better now :)

QuiltSue said...

Lovely little stitchery.

Funny you mentioned Blessings, I was looking at just yesterday and thinking "shall I? shan't I?" I didn't but think I will now I've thought about it some more.

Hope you're feeling better now.

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Lots going on in your sewing room! Love your fabrics; you have great taste.

Hope you are feeling well now so that you can enjoy this Easter weekend.

Crispy said...

Your stitchery is lovely, the fabric you framed it with is very pretty!! Ooooo new fabric VERY yummy!!

I hope your tummy is all better today :0)

Crispy

Janet said...

The stitchery looks terrific and so do the fabrics. I hope you're better for Easter. I never got to finish my Easter project but never mind.

Barb said...

sweet Easter piece! Nice fabrics -
Happy Easter Weekend!

black bear cabin said...

love that little Easter stitchery...very cute! i have the pattern set aside and havent worked it yet...now i wish i had :)

Kim said...

Happy Easter, Karen! Love the wool projects. The flower basket looks nice the way you finished it. :-D

sunny said...

The fabric for your Easter piece is fabulous! I haven't yet started that project, but now you've inspired me. Maybe I'll get it done in time fo rEaster next year?!?