QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Cheri Payne pattern.

Friday, April 2, 2010

SOME STITCHING DONE

I have finally finished stitching the September block of Sweet Nostalgia. At first, I thought the stitching was going fast. Wrong! There is a lot of stitching on these designs. They remind me of the Dick and Jane books that I learned to read from as a child. I would like to do all the blocks in the series but it will be a long term project. I just have too many other projects to do. I used Crayola Crayons for the color added to the stitchery.
And I have caught up on the Bunny Hill Snowbound blocks. Here is February and March's blocks. I just noticed that I did not stitch the snow line on the March block. That should only take a few minutes. I saw a block on another blog done with red polka dot skis and decided I needed to do the same.

And the last photo is for Darlene of Quilting Daze. She asked that I take a picture of my pincushion collection that I have displayed in a basket. I think I have shown them all individually as I made or acquired them. There are more I would like to make.
I am still prepping a wool table mat with cherry trees & sheep. I was tracing the shapes onto freezer paper & pressing onto the wool the other night when I had trouble sleeping. I surely did not count correctly. Possibly due to the lack of sleep. I have to trace & prepare a few more shapes today. Lots of tiny pieces on this mat.

A beautiful day here in Florida today! Take care & come back to visit me again soon.

Karen

33 comments:

Quilt Hollow said...

I'm on a lunch break and popped in on you....wow you have some wonderful pincushions! My collection is pathetic in comparison...actually I shouldn't even call them a collection....I think I have three?

Dianne said...

Love all of those pincushions!

Sue said...

Love those blocks. It does look like lots of stitchery. Your work is nice as usual.

Have a wonderful Easter!

sunny said...

Love your pincushions! I've been thinking that would be a fun thing to make and/or collect.

Margaret said...

What lovely stitching! And what a pin cushion collection! Gorgeous!!

em's scrapbag said...

The children catching the bus is darling. The snowmen are fun. And your pincushion collection is priceless.

Yvette said...

I am in pin cushion envy at the moment.

Of course you know I love all those BOM's too!

Yvette said...

I am in pin cushion envy at the moment.

Of course you know I love all those BOM's too!

call me crazy said...

Love all your pincushions! And your stitchings are adorable! Have a great weekend! :-)

katie said...

They do remind me of Dick and Jane also, but how do you get the Crayons on so even? I have never tried that.

Great collection of pincushions also.
What a great display.

Wendy said...

I love pincushions and your basket full looks wonderful. I hope you sleep well tonight.

Connie W said...

Ah, so many pretty things to enjoy. Love your pin cushion collection!

julieQ said...

Oh, I like the polka dot background! I am using a plaid, and enjoying these blocks so much. Such pretty cushions, you get so much done! Happy Easter!

Angela said...

Coloring in your Nostalgia embroidery block really makes it special! Beautiful job!

Tam said...

Wonderful stitching and I love your pincushion collection!

Allie said...

Your blocks are wonderful! That is a lot of stitching on the Sweet Nostalgia blocks - I've been thinking about doing them all in one color. It seems to go faster that way - but I LOVE them with the crayon. We'll see.

Your pincushion collection is amazing!

Karen said...

There sure is a lot of stitching on the Sweet Nostagia, but they are so cute. Love all the pincushions. Do you use them all?

QuiltSue said...

Your skiing snowman is just gorgeous.

Sue-Anne said...

That basket of pin cushions looks fantastic! Love your snowman blocks too and I can't wait to see the cherry trees and sheep table mat.

Janet said...

Not just Darlene, we all love to see pincushions and you have some wonderful wool ones. Your blocks are very sweet, love those too.

Jackie said...

Love all your pincushions. Working with wool is so forgiving.
I am coming to sunny Florida on tuesday and staying for the month.
Our house is in Kissimmee. Can't wait

Behind My Picket Fence said...

You have a great collection! I've always INTENDED to make/collect them but not doing real well with that. Love your stitcheries too.

Micki said...

Your pincushions are wonderful...what a collection!
Micki

Darlene said...

Oh, it reminds of Dick & Jane, too. Let's not forget Spot. LOL

Karen, thank you for posting your basket of pincushions - I love it. And, they are all delightful.

Carole said...

Wow, you've been busy! Love those pincushions! thanks for sharing! Cheers!

Purple Pam said...

Your Dorothy Baker block is darling. Your Snowbound blocks are so cute. And I love, love, love your pincushion collection!

Libby said...

Such a great way to display you pincushion collection - they look darling in that basket!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Love the pincushions! One can never have too many!

Daniëlle said...

Love all your pincushions! Mine are all about the house hihi! And of course the stitcheries ... so lovely to do!! have a nice day, Daniëlle

Barb said...

the basket of pincushions is amazing!
pretty stitching too

Carrie P. said...

What a great pincushion collection. Your blocks look great.

Jeanette said...

Hi Karen, love all of your projects. BTW, what pattern is that in your header quilt. I love it!

Mary said...

I lo9ve the bag. It is so cute. Mary(Kris"s Mom)