QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Sarah Sporer pattern called "Summer Glory".

Saturday, April 17, 2010

TOTE BAG SEWING PARTY


Today is tote bag day. I am participating in the Charming Guys & Girls Quilt Club sewing day. I think there are 25 participants. If you want to take a look at the totes or purses that others are working on, pay a visit here. There is a list on the right side bar of those taking part.

Below is a photo of most of the fabric that will be going into my tote bag project. The stripe is a Moda twill so it should make a sturdy tote. The tote is meant to carry quilting supplies for taking to a class.


The pattern that I am using is from a Quilt Sampler magazine from 2004 and was designed by someone at The Quilted Crow in Boxborough, Massachusetts. The finished size is listed as 16"x16"x4". I prepped one of the outside pockets last night. I needed a quilted square of fabric to applique the wool pieces onto. In the photo, the flower isn't laying on the stem so it looks a bit off kilter. You can see what it looks like for real later on today if you stop back.

I have a couple things to do and then I will be back to working on the project. Have a great day.

Karen

18 comments:

Crispy said...

Oooo love the green striped fabric and what a wonderful idea for the panel!! I'll be back in the morning to see what you made today :0)

Crispy

Grethe said...

Lovely Crow!! Looking forward to seeing you bag, Nice fabrics :-)
Happy Sewing!

Sue said...

Your fabric looks great for the tote bag. Who doesn't love a tote bag?
So nice for so many things.

Have fun today

Margaret said...

Ooooohhhh! I love the fabrics for your tote! And the square you prepped too! Looking forward to seeing more!

Anita in Florida said...

Love your idea for the panel...gonna be a great tote!

Yvette said...

I really look forward to seeing this bag. Get to work! LOL

Ulla said...

What a great idea.

Beth said...

Your tote is going to be very cute! I am now wondering if I have that issue of the magazine...

Michelle said...

Your tote is going to be SO adorable! I know I don't have that issue, but it's going on my need to have list!

call me crazy said...

Oh I love the green too Karen! That is going to be a cool tote! Happy stitchin'!

Deb said...

Your tote bag is going to look fabulous with those fabrics. I can't wait to see it.

Kim said...

Love your applique panel. It's adorable.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh very cute - I just love the applique panel! What a fun bag!

Sharon said...

Looks like a fun day is ahead for you. I can't wait to check back and see the finished results, have fun!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Great applique. This is going to look wonderful, can't wait to see the finished piece.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh yes-- I will be back later to see how this bag is coming along--it looks like fun--Hugs, Di

Colleen said...

Oh that is CUTE Karen! You always find the best projects to work on :o)

Carrie P. said...

Just finished reading the posts about your bag project. It turned out so cute.