QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Cheri Payne pattern called "Twelve Days of Christmas"..

Monday, April 19, 2010

UNDER THE CHERRY TREES

I had a busy weekend sewing to my heart's content. As you can tell from some previous posts, I participated in the Tote Bag Sewing Party. A full day of sewing resulted in a fair size prim style tote. I also participated in a virtual sew-in with two fellow bloggers. That lasted through Sunday night. Lots of e-mails and encouragement for projects.

I finished a wool table mat from a pattern called "Under the Cherry Trees". The pattern was purchased from a site where you can download Penny Lane Primitives patterns in e-pattern form. My only complaint about the pattern is that there is not a pattern for the larger base mat portion. Only the tan part. I don't think these trees look much like cherry trees but it is prim style. The sheep are what drew me to the pattern in the first glance. If you are interested in the pattern or seeing others, just click on the word "site" above and it should take you there.
I also appliqued basket blocks. I will show you those in another post. I need to press the blocks and lay out a bunch of them for a photo.

I hope to do some more stitching today. I have school house blocks ready to sew. I have made part of the 25 I need but still have a bunch to go. I dropped the pieces on the floor and need to sort everything out again.

Have a great day and take time to sew.

Karen

24 comments:

  1. What a lovely mat, it's gorgeous! I LOVE the sheep! Have a nice sewing-day, it's already evening here.
    Greetings, Cisca

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little mat is adorable! You did a great job making the bottom without a pattern, that would have made me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BELLISSIMO (wonderful)
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy.....love it!! and I love baskets...so I can't wait until you post them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute mat - love the sheep!

    You've very productive Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty mat, love the pattern. Jealous that you've had so much sewing time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the mat! It's always so much fun to see what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That came out really cute Karen, love the little sheep. I'm definitely going to have to try a wool mat sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good grief girl...you have been busy!! The tote sewing was enough to make me tired lol...you were doing another sewing party at the same time??? You're awesome :) Love the mat...as usual you are the mat queen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute and defintely prim!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I like that! The trees are just perfect to me, with the cute sheep nestled underneath the branches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the wool mat and look forward to seeing your basket blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't participate in that sewing party and ironically I worked on a tote! Geez!!
    Your wool mat is wonderful! (as always!!) Do I repeat myself alot here?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your penny mat. I can see why the sheep attracted you to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my! I love, love the cherry trees - so cute and sheep? adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. School house blocks! My absolute favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the mat!! You always find the best patterns :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can see why you were drawn to the sheep they are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your bag from your Tote Bag Sewing Party turned out great Karen! Love it! Good for you! 8-)
    Your Under the Cherry Trees mat is cute...
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh just so adorable quilt! Thank you for the eye candy! :)

    Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are so good to almost meet the monthly target. The mat is cute - hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete