QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Sarah Sporer pattern called "Summer Glory".

Monday, April 12, 2010

WOOL MAT FINISHED

The prim style Santa wool mat is complete. I like the way it turned out. The bottom green wool is from an old army blanket. I had thought of using a red plaid wool for the bottom layer. That did not work out as none of the red plaids in my stash that were big enough were the right shade of red. One was too bright of a red. One was too much to the purple tone of red. Sounds like the story of The Three Bears. The green seems to be a good choice. This will make a nice gift.
I have some basket blocks appliqued and one block of a stitchery complete. I will take photosof them for the next post By that time I may have more done.

It feels like vacation time here at our house. Our oldest and dearest friends are visiting for several days. We vacation together two or three times a year. They like to come to our home in the spring because they live in Ohio and are tired of winter. We have been eating out at least one meal a day and have been out seeing the sights. Our friends like to go to the beach and will be doing that again today. It is a beautiful sunny day here. I will spend some time sewing while they are gone. They are very good guests and we look forward to them coming every April.

Last week one day, we drove to Sebastian. Stopped at an antique shop on the way. Then we went to Captain Hiram's which is a small resort. The restaurant is Key West style. We had a table close to the river. The food was good and so was the company. Everyone but me had a Pusser's Pain Killer. Here is a picture of John & Judy.
Here is a picture of my DH and myself. I never like seeing pictures of myself. In my mind, I am tall and slender. In a photo, I am short and very non-slender.
Judy is going to clean my sewing room on Wednesday when I go to the doctor. I am getting it ready for her to do that by putting things away. A big project in itself. But what a treat to have someone to help!

Back to my stitching!

Karen

33 comments:

Just Another Quilter said...

Thanks so much for the comments on my blog. The mariner compass' are trials before I cut into the fabric for the quilt sample for my upcoming class. I hope to make more to end up with an interesting project. Don't know what that is yet. Love your quilt at the top with the star points. Am looking forward to looking at your blog more.

Yvette said...

What an adorable wool mat. That will for sure make a great gift!

Margaret said...

Beautiful mat! I know what you mean about being in pictures. I'm the same way! lol! Enjoy your friends' visit!

Laurie said...

Is Sebastian a great place to shell? I've wanted to go there for years; but it is a long ways from TX. Your mat is great, I want/need to do some wool projects....

Karen said...

I am looking forward to retirement and spending time with old friends. Enjoy.

Darlene said...

Enjoy your days with your friends and especially with the help from your friend.

Love the wool mat - gotta love Santa.

Quilt Hollow said...

My goodness how fun to spend time with friends and in such a gorgeous area!

Your wool mat is absolutely perfect prim! Bet you knew that!!

PS...I don't care to see photos of myself either.....I'm thankful hubby still thinks I'm gorgeous.

Karen said...

Your wool Santa Mat is wonderful! Who knew that an old army blanket could be reused to make the perfect colored trees! I really like it. Have a great visit with your friends! :0)

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane said...

Your prim candle mat is so sweet-I love prim things.
Oh your post has me pining for a beach vacation...how blessed you are to have great friends to share your home and time with. you all look so relaxed in the pictures. I'm the same way (that's why I have my puppy as my picture on my blog-chicken me). But like the last comment said, I really only worry about what my husband thinks-and he still really likes me (and me him) after all these years.
After doing yardwork all day I think I may need one of those PainKiller concoctions...looks like my kind of medicine! :)

Kathie said...

another beautiful mat!
what a wonderful friend Karen must be to come over and clean your sewing room for you
those friends are treasures!!!
Kathie

Pat said...

Please tell Judy when she is finished at your house to pop over to mine. I will fix lunch!!

em's scrapbag said...

Your wool mat is wonderful. Love the Santas. I don't blame your friends for wanting to leave winter behind. It seems we have had a long one this year.
I feel the same way about pictures of me.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Love the wool mat! Hey - I'm tall and slender in my thoughts too!

Michele said...

Darling, we are all tall and slender in our minds.........mind over matter, that's what I say! Michele

Kim said...

Well, I am at least tall, lol, and so it goes. You and hubby are looking happy there enjoying the company of friends and that gorgeous outdoor dining room, OMG I would love the waterside seating! The Santa figures on your wool mat are how I picture Santa when I think of a Santa and once again, I am loving your prim wool stitchery. Nice that Judy will help clean up the sewing room so you can start fresh once again...wish the doctor could give you some good news this visit.

ivoryspring said...

Wow, what a sweet friend to have. When Judy is done, can she come and clean my sewing room too? ;)

Lori said...

It looks like you all are enjoying yourself. It's nice to go out with good friends!!
I'm loving the Santa mat!! So perfect adn primitive!!

Zlaty said...

What a nice friend you have to clean your sewing room! Looks like you are having fun!

Congratulations on finishing the table top! It is very pretty!

Allie said...

Karen, you are so blessed to have such good friends! Love the pictures, you and dh look so cute.

Your wool mat is adorable!

Karen said...

Your photo is just lovely and can Judy come clean my sewing room when she is done with yours? :)

Sue-Anne said...

Your little mat is gorgeous! Glad you are having a fun time with friends and the resort you lunched at looks beautiful, the water in the background looks so blue!

QuiltSue said...

You know what? I have just the same problem with cameras that don't tell the truth!

I love your latest wool mat too.

Kaaren said...

I think we all must have the same camera, Karen. I tried to return mine but they said there was nothing wrong with the camera and it was an 'operator error'. Go figure!

Love your prim santa candle mat. Great job.

Crispy said...

Love your Santa mat...very sweet. I too have the same mental picture of myself LOL. It's wonderful to "see" you though :0)

Crispy

call me crazy said...

What an adorable mat Karen! I love Santa's and he's a keeper. :-) LOL~ I have the same mental image as you! *giggle* It is really great to see you though, now I'll think of you when I write. ;-)) It looks like y'all were enjoying a very nice lunch~ love seeing the water too. ;-) Have a great day!

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Beautiful candle mat! I would love to be ready for a holiday ahead of time.....

Purple Pam said...

Cute Snata mat. BTW - I see you as tall and slender!

Ginger Patches said...

I love (as usual) your wool mat! Now please tell me what a pusser's pain killer is, it sounds interesting and looks yummy--love me a good cocktail :) Karen, I have the same problem as you with pictures...they always shock me...I think "wait, now who is that...oh crap it's me" LOL!!!

Teresa said...

LOL..we think alike and look a lot alike too!

Libby said...

What fun to look forward to good company each April! Enjoy your time together.

Carrie P. said...

Two cute couples. Sounds like you having fun. How nice of her to help you with your sewing room.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love the mat Karen. LOL I had to laugh at you when you said you are taller in real life. It's good to see you. Now I know who I'm talking to. Thanks for the pic. And that drink looks yummy!!!!!! Enjoy your friends.