QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

NEW PROJECTS

I have two new projects in the works. Both are from patterns by Cheri Saffiote-Payne. Both are smaller size projects.
Above is picture of "Grace". I need to do the raw edge machine applique and then do the embroidery. The words to be embroidered say, "May all your days be graced with knidness". It shouldn't take very long to do.

Below is a picture of one of the little wall hangings in a pattern called "Sew Good". The pattern has three small wall hangings you can select from. This one needs the raw edge machine applique done and embroidering of the stems and words. The words say, "When this you see, think of me". It also has May, 2010 to embroider so I had better get busy because May is almost over.
I like almost every pattern Cheri has put out. I know there are lots of other bloggers who feel the same way.

It is a beautiful day in Florida. The space ship Atlantis landed a little earlier this morning. My husband was outside and saw it go over our area as we heard the twin sonic booms. A safe landing.

I need to get busy. Have a great day!

Karen

30 comments:

  1. Lovely pieces. Nice to add a new designer (for me) to my applique folder for when I become blessed with the patience to do more applique. Hey! I'm working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those new blocks! I especially am fond of the bottom one:)
    Love all your fabrics.

    Have a great Memorial Day weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, love "Grace"! Cheri has the nicest designs. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love folky pieces - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I love all of Cheri's designs, too! :-) I've been thinking about making Grace, so cute! Are you making the Folkart Gathering pattern along with Cheri? I have the first two parts, but haven't started yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They both look like fun projects! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love those Cheri patterns. Wasn't there a blog or something like that dedicated to the Cheri fans at one time? Wish we could get a "Cheri club" started on-line somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love!! And I like the idea of a Cheri club!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like both your new projects and I can't imagine what it would be like to see a spaceship go over my house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheri's designs are wonderful! I love the top one especially and the saying.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute pieces...at least there is a long weekend so you can get your stitching done before the end of May LOL.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are darling! Oh I wish I wasn't too hot to sew, you're inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Right up my alley, Karen. Love those projects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely new projects, Karen! So very inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I forgot to say: how enormously fascinating being able to hear the sonic booms of a space shuttle... and to see it go above your head... A very special experience! It won't happen very often again any more in the future, I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Projects looking good there Karen! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the colors and the projects are beautiful! Your husband is lucky to see the space ship!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the character of your applique...kind of folk art, very pretty and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love,love,love your blocks..especially the words on them. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your applique work!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love doing Cheri's patterns, they are just sew fun.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Karen, love both pieces your are working on....what a memory to have with the spaceship...Warm Regards, Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  24. We must be kindred spirits, I love your stuff!! Cheri's pattern are so fabulous. Can't wait to see the whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love Grace!!! Both are great but Grace is the one I love!!!

    ReplyDelete