QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Friday, May 21, 2010

SEWING SEEDS PROJECT

My camera would not cooperate so I only have one photo to show you today. I am going to have to retake pictures later on of my stitcheries that I have completed.

I am sharing a picture of the "Sewing Seeds" project that I am working on. The pattern is by Cheri Saffiote-Payne. It is ready for the raw edge machine stitching. The stems were to be pieced. I decided that, since the flowers were to be fused, I might as well do the same with the stems. One flower center is pinned in place as the fusing did not take. I have not been completely satisfied with the last batch of Heat 'n Bond Lite that I purchased. The paper is different than in the past and sometimes the fusing does not go well.
I have two more small Cheri pattern projects in the works, too. They aren't ready for a preliminary photo just yet.

Tomorrow is the Sew 'n Sews gathering day. We are going to work on stitchery projects for something different to do. Should be fun. Hopefully there will be some Show 'n Tell for me to take pictures of. That is, if my camera and I get along better.

Stop back again!

Karen
Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

  1. What a fun prim quilt!! Have fun tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is wonderful. I really like it. Hope that you have fun tomorrow. It seems like Stitcheries are a big thing right now - I've been seeing them all over the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen this is SO cute!! I'll have to check out her patterns, I love this one. I'm sorry your camera is being persnickety. Interesting about Heat 'N Bond - I'd love to try Misty Fuse myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is looking great! Don't forget your camera, I look forward to seeing all the lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Karen, your flowers look great! I love it, thanks for sharing, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun pattern!
    have fun at the sew n sew, I always love your show and tell

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very cute pattern. I agree since the rest of the project was fused the stems should be too :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  8. A day with your friends - fun!!!

    I love this one, Karen - it's fabulous. You've been busy, busy, busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is just a wonderful quilt...I love how it is turning out.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely bunch of flowers!! Great primitive quilt and love the colours that you use! have a nice weekend, hugs, Daniëlle

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a very sweet and truly primitive looking quilt.

    In the past I have had problems with some of my Heat and Bond. Rather frustrating:/

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I find this quilt to be very charming in all it's prim glory - makes me smile. :-D Hope Sew 'n Sews was good fun and you've had a chance to check your camera settings...I hit the wrong button and send my camera into a tizzy some times.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a darling little quilt, Karen. Love the whimsy of it. Looking forward to seeing your other two projects when they get to the "show" stage.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How adorable. I love this style. I have a couple of Cheri Saffiote-Payne's books and I get them out occasionally and daydream.

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you haven't tried it I really like Shades Fusible. It's very, very light weight and unless you irong it really good doesn't hold forever but it's so light you can't even feel it when you stitch...even if it's by hand. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Cheri's pattern and this is no exception! Your fabric choices are great. Is this a wall hanging or table runner?? Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You must be having fun with this one Karen! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE Cherri Safiote patterns and your little quilt is gorgeous. I love the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Karen! Love your runner...the fun is coming up now; the hand stitching! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cheri's patterns are so fun and happy! I love your runner!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this. Another blogger has mentioned these patterns too, and every time I see them I really like them. This one is no exception. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it Karen... ...:o) Nice to see it done in some other colours... gorgeous!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is so pretty. I love the look of all the different flowers together.

    ReplyDelete