QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

FIRST JUNE FINISH

Welcome to my blog! June has arrived and time to change my monthly stitchery sign on the antique wringer. June is the last one that I have the stitching finished with. I have July through December prepped. That means I have to do July sometime this month so I can be ready for another change. I like the beehive on this one. Beehives are popular in stitcheries and applique. I have never seen a real beehive like this but would like to. Has anyone seen one?
I finished some more basket stitcheries. The top one is from a pattern called "Basket O'Candy Canes". The lower one on the left from a pattern called "Lil Basket Tree". And the lower one on the right is "Basket 'O Berries". A commenter said that I needed one called "Basket 'O Baskets". That would be a good pattern to find! I have another basket stitchery almost done so I am still on a roll with them. These three stitcheries are all from patterns by Chestnut Junction.
My first finish for June is the little wall hanging I showed previously from a pattern called "Sew Good" by Cheri Saffiote-Payne. The pattern has a total of three little quilts. This was my favorite. If you are interested in prim style and have not seen Cheri's patterns, you can see them here. There are lots to select from. I had traced the month and year onto the background beside the basket and used May. That gave me incentive to get it done during May. I finished it with 40 minutes to spare!
Back to my stitching!



Karen

29 comments:

  1. You are on a roll there Karen! Good for you! Nice little finishs and your basket stitcheries look great! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice stitchery for June you made, Karen! Your baskets are very nice and the Sew Good quilt marvellous. I looked at the designer's site, I like the patterns very much.
    Greetings, Cisca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitcheries are all so cute. I like the saying on your May basket. I have seen that in old quilts and have incorporated it into quilt labels on ocassion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job finishing before the end of the month!! Hope you didn't have to get up and go to work the next morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've ever seen a real beehive look like that either but I like them in embroidery and applique :-) Love your monthly sign! And thanks for the link to Cheri's site. I've only seen her work at Indygo Junction. She has some wonderful patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous. I have so much work to do at my job my projects are suffering. I'm going to live vicariously though you this month...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of your stitcheries. Good for you being up to date, too. I'm about two calendar years behind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute June stitchery! I don't think I've ever seen a real beehive~ it would be interesting! Your basket blocks are all so cute too!~ love the candy canes! Happy stitchin'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All darling stitcheries, Karen! I'll have to take a look at Chestnut Junction - new to me!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute basket block and I just love your month stitchery. It´s so fun to change after the different months :) cant wait to see the rest of the months you´ll stitching.. Good luck!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are just too cute! It IS June already isn't it. Where does the time go.

    And today is Wednesday and I keep thinking it's Tuesday. Need to finish up my flower for the day :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finishes already and we are only on the 2nd!! Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, your stitchery is darn CUTE!! Well done, Karen. Also love your Cheri piece. It's just lovely! Thank you for the eye candies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely lovely projects, Karen! Glad to see you are getting in some good stitching time :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your stitcheries are gorgeous, Karen. The baskets are all so lovely - and Cheri's little quilts are so beautiful - love your stitching :))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your stitcheries - very sweet, indeed.

    The little quilt is adorable - way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are on a roll! Wish I had some time lately to work on more of my projects.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Karen, I like the June sign... but love the baskets! And the wall hanging is prim perfect. Lovely projects.
    ... Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great start to the month, Karen. Keep it up cuz you're on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow - busy - good for you!
    I have seen bee skepts in person. They are usually made of wicker. The hive is the thing that they make in trees that looks like grey paper. I think the skepfs are put in the garden where you want to attract bees. I have a collection of these, but that's all I know for now.
    Still loving your header photo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely stitcheries Karen!! Hmmm maybe I should write a month in permanent ink on all my projects, maybe I'd actually get something done LOL.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  22. That basket blocks are adorable! Your stitching is always lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your June stitchery! I must admit that I have never seen a bee hive like the one in your stitchery either. My Grandfather had bee hives, but they were white boxes.
    I am a big fan of anything to do with baskets! Very cute.:0)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lots of goodies in this post. I'm really liking the June sign.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your little prim quilt turned out really nice Karen. Isn't it great to meet a deadline! Happens for me once in a while...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Karen,
    Awww you're tempting me with more of those lovely basket stitcheries...lol! I've just finished the basket of Ginger men...enjoyed it sooo much, I'm liking those E-patterns ... :)
    Hugs Wendy Xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your stitcheries are beautiful as usual. Love your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW - congratulations on having a June finish already - its gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful pieces. Job well done.

    ReplyDelete