QUILT INFO

Liberty Houses is shown in the header picture. It is a Jan Patek pattern in her book "Liberty Garden".

Saturday, June 19, 2010

LITTLE PATCHWORK VILLAGE

Hurray! A finish. "Little Patchwork Village" is done. For pattern information, please see my previous post. Last Saturday, I posted a picture of the completed first row. A week later, I have a finished quilt. The redwork took the longest of the process but not as long as the basket blocks I have been embroidering.
Once I got the star blocks all put together, I realized that I did not want to go much bigger with this quilt. The star blocks are 12" each so that the piece was 36". The pattern shows three borders of 2" each. A light one first, a red one, and then another light one. I had enough of the same background fabric to cut 1 3/4" strips to go around. That gave some space around the star blocks before binding. I used pieces of pinks and reds that were used in the quilt to create the binding. Though I liked the quilt as the designer made hers, this makes me happy.


Today is the monthly meeting of The Sew 'n Sews. It is about a 90 minute drive for me today to get there. I need to gather my stuff up and get ready to go. Another post soon. This is post 198. I have a give-away coming on post 200, so be on the look out.

Karen


32 comments:

  1. What a cute wallhanging!! Woo-Hoo on the finish!!
    Love your log cabins on your header. I made 1 block once and that was enough!!! LOL
    Have a terrific day and a safe drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Your Patchwork Village is just lovely! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun today...and you have show and share...a sweet one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is wonderful, I don't think it need all those borders :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks awesome, Karen. Only you and the designer know that she added borders to hers. I love the scrappy binding as well.

    Enjoy your time with the Sew 'n Sews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You are quick at putting things together. That is just beautiful. I so love red :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love the redwork stitching inside the stars -- I'm always looking for new sets for embroidered quilts, and this one is perfect. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt came out so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, it's so darn cute. The houses are so much fun to stitch! I'm still plugging away on mine. LOL

    Can't wait for show and tell from your group.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeahhhhhh, you have a finish! I would love to show a finish, lol. Thank you for sharing, it gives me hope, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute wallhanging...love the houses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute quilt! I love redwork and using them for the centers of the stars is really cute. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  13. That went together really quickly! (Or at least it seems like it, on my end of the computer! HA!) You did a beautiful job! I love your combination of reds and pinks! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. O, this is gorgeous, Karen! I love the stars ánd the stitcheries!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Karen this is so darling, I love the way you did the border and binding. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Patchwork Village is so pretty...great job.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks just the right size to hang somewhere. You should name it Goldilock's house. . . .not too big, not too small, it's just right!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You sew girl! Wow! You finished :o) You amaze me, Karen! And it is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. HOpe you had a safe time and and a good time once you got there. Lovely little quilt too. HUgs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karen! I love this. You have a great eye for "delightful." Also, that scrappy binding is PER-FECT!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is lovely, and I too love what you did for the border. Hope you had a good day at your meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow.. already finished.. amazing.. fantastic work... I do know how long it takes to just stich all the redwork... pheew..:o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so beautiful! I love how you finished yours with the floating light border, and the scrappy binding!
    I belong to a Sew and Sews group here :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this piece, it's so pretty. What a quick finish, you just posted blocks a week ago!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your little quilt looks great. I love scrappy bindings made from leftover fabric.
    Have fun with your sewing friends.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on your finish, Karen. Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You mean you finished this quilt just within 7 days? I have read about a new stitchery project and just a week later you write about a finish? You are amazing, and you tell me I am creative.... you are the one that is extremely creative!
    Hugs
    KATRIN W .

    ReplyDelete