QUILT INFO

Liberty Houses is shown in the header picture. It is a Jan Patek pattern in her book "Liberty Garden".

Monday, August 23, 2010

WOOL CRAZY PIN CUSHION ROUND ROBIN

Here is the start of my wool pin cushion for the round robin I am participating in.  The different wool pieces for the base are temporarily basted down.  When the piece returns to me, I will add a bit of decorative stitching.  I chose a fall theme as I like fall colors so well.  There are four of us in this round robin.  I chose to add a squirrel.  I found a free squirrel pattern on the internet.  I resized it to get it small enough for this project.

I mailed this to Paulette of Sweet P Quilting.  Also participating are Lori of Humble Quilts and Kaaren of The Painted Quilt.  I am looking forward to seeing what evolves both with my piece and the other participants in the round robin.

Happy quilting!

Karen

23 comments:

  1. Delightful little squirrel. It's going to be fun to watch the progress of all four projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little squirrel is just perfect! Can't wait to see more of the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, I just saw another blogger talking about her wooly RR. Very sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can tell it's going to be lovely when it's done. I love fall colors too! And that squirrel is adorable.
    Everyone should have several pincushions!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find myself wishing I had more pincushions, so this one intrigues me. Fall colors are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait until I see what all of you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too darling - how clever of you. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute, Karen. I love the little squirrel. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know exactly what I'm going to add to it...unless Lori or Paulette beats me to it!

    Love the colors, Karen. Can fall be far away?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! The colors are great and I have really enjoyed seeing the finished ones floating around the web.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What gorgeous colours, and I love the little squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun!! I look forward to seeing the final results :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just saw Kaaren's RR and loved it, too!
    Your little squirrel is so cute- a heck of a lot cuter than the fat annoying real ones raiding my garden- oh so very boldly!
    Looking forward to seeing the RR results. You girls all do such great work.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the little critter - this is fun to watch -
    have fun

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is going to be fun...watching the development. How precious is that squirrel?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute pincushion. It's addicting. I'm now in my third swap. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this swap idea. Where do you find swaps? Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great idea for a round robin. Is this project going to be the size you have made it, or will the other sewers add to the size, or just add to the surface design?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks like fun! The fall colors you've choosen look great with your little squirrel! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOvely colours you've chosen, Karen! The squirrel looks very nice, I'm looking forward to see it finished.
    Greetings, Cisca

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is fun Karen! I like the addition of the squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhh how cute. Love the piecing. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete