QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

FIREPLACE QUILT

I changed things around just a bit.  Decided to hang a quilt over the fireplace.  I wanted the fireplace wall painted a different color.  It is a rust right now.  But now that the quilt is hanging there, I don't feel the same way about the color.
The wall looks more red in this photo.

I have been busy working on projects but am not ready to take a picture just yet.  I will be back soon to share with you.

Karen

16 comments:

  1. That looks great! I love the quilt above the mantle. I think the paint color looks very rich. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how I love my fireplace quilts - yours is a great look. And the Red Wagon-ish nativity is so special. Love it -thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bold colors, my place is boring beige. I have a brick fireplace I'd like to paint, but I'm not brave enough. Love your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks brilliant there, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love quilt on orange paint. It's an excellent idea. Good day !

    ReplyDelete
  6. It fits snugly really and it looks georgeous. Wonderful quilt! ELKE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the quilt above the fireplace..
    guess its hard to photograph it for us to see the right color.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to do some 'color' in my home and I am a chicken, so my hat is off to you! A quilt over the fireplace is better than a picture and says so much about the person living in the HOME.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo that quilt looks like it was made for that wall. It's such a beautiful quilt too!!!

    I salute your bravery in having such a bold color in your home. My home is so little I could never get away with it.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty.. it fits beautifully there ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilt above your fireplace is pretty. I really like that design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the color of the wall and the quilt is lovely hanging there!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perfect combination! The little quilt is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum...wonderful paint color...and I do love a quilt above the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooo! I like that quilt! And it looks great on the wall!

    ReplyDelete