QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Saturday, December 18, 2010

TWO UFO'S COMPLETED

I got busy yesterday evening and did the binding on the Wild Turkey quilt so it is now complete.  Not in time for fall or Thanksgiving but done.
My picture is crooked as usual.  My program does not do any adjusting to straighten so I am going to check out Photoshop when I have some time.

Hey, Lori!  I should have mentioned the doll quilt to you sooner.  I wrote Lori an e-mail yesterday telling her that I had made a doll quilt from her last sew-long and had not been able to find the quilt since I put it together.  I had looked more than once and the sewing room had been cleaned a couple times so things had been put away.  I told her that it either went to the thrift store in a donated bag of fabric or was hidden in the folds of a big piece of fabric.  I needed a piece of red fabric yesterday and began pulling some reds off the shelf.  I saw that there was a smaller piece of batting in between some red and black check fabric and pulled it out.  Here was the doll quilt stuck to the piece of batting waiting for machine quilting.  Before I lost it again, I sat right down at the sewing machine and completed the work.  I should have e-mailed Lori a good while back about the lost little quilt.  Maybe I would have found it a lot sooner.
I had to have done something wrong because I ended up with parts getting cut off that shouldn't have.  I think I can see what is wrong now that I look at the picture.  Oh, well.  The quilt is quilted and bound.  It will just be one of those charming quilts that is off kilter.

The mailman brought me two packages yesterday.  The first was from Julie and I was bad.  The little wrapped package inside said "Don't Peek" and I peeked anyhow.  She sent me one of the pincushions she was making back around Thanksgiving time.  Made from nine patches and a button center.  I especially like that she used a plaid in red and green.  A big thank you!  I so appreciate a hand made gift.  It is going into my pincushion collection that I keep in a Longaberger basket.  On display in the family room.
The second package was from Colleen.  She has been my blog buddy right from the very beginning of starting my blog.  We both like prim style and developed a good friendship.  She sent me some plaid squares, a prim style decorative plate and a wonderful little cushion that she made.  Take a look.
She did wool applique and some embroidery on the project.  My favorite season of the year is fall and this definitely has a fall look.  Thank you, Colleen.  I appreciate all you have done for me.

I am playing in the sewing room a bit this morning.  I pulled out one of my Cheri quilt patterns that has a Christmas theme.  I can't complete it before the holiday but it will be fun to work on it.

Come back soon!
Karen

27 comments:

  1. I am so glad it got there...Merriest Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got it! Those little pillows are so fun to do and my daughter BEGGED me to make her one just like that one! The little squares are from Primitive Garden and I hope you can use them in yours :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The turkey quilt is awesome!! LOve, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lost is found - what a good thing! And don't you just love packages in the mail? Fun! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. What do mean...CAN'T FINISH before Christmas? You have a WHOLE WEEK! haha Couldn't resist!!
    You got some lovely gifts there!! If I've said it once, I've said it a million times...blogging buddies are the best!!
    Take care!!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gifts from your blogging buddies, Karen!

    Love your turkey quilt. Awesome!

    And slow down! You're putting us all to shame with all your finishes! WTG, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo-Hoo! I'm so glad you found the quilt!!! I cna't see anythign wrong with it at all!!
    How fun to ahve your turkey quilt all finished and ready for next year!!
    Gifts from our friends are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun treats! And, of course, your quilts are wonderful, too. As for the crooked photos, I use Picassa for my photo editing (free online) There is an edit to 'straighten' I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Karen...glad you found that cute little doll quilt...I'd have been sick thinking it was taken to Goodwill...too good!!
    Blog buds are certainly treating you right!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the doll quilt - you know that finished is better than perfect.
    Collen is indeed a good friend.
    Enjoy your new project - it lifts the spirits when you're in a creative mood.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You'll have that turkey quilt are ready to hang next Nov.!! My turkeys are all done (all NINE of them) and now I need to put it together so I'll have MINE for next Nov. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your turkey quilt. It's already for next year! You received such nice little presents. That's so wonderful! I love the little crow. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love that turkey quilt, just think, you're done in plenty of time for Thanksgiving - next year, lol! Love the doll quilt, I think it's absolutely charming and I don't see a thing wrong with it. Your gifts are just so pretty - very lovely friends you have!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Turkey are done - woohoo!

    Love the doll quilt - very cute!

    So many sweet treats from bloggy buddies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your turkey quilt, you'll be early for next thanksgiving. Thank goodness you found the doll quilt, I love quirky and off kilter. Lovely gifties, enjoy, I'm sure you are very deserving.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hooray!! Two UFO's are done!! WTG!! I think your off kilter quilt is lovely. I wonder what people will think of it a 100 years from now :0)

    Great gifts you received!!

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the 2 finishes.
    Your turkeys are wonderful and I'm so glad you found your little quilt!! Oh my, that would have been a shame to loose.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It feels so good to find something you lost, the quilt is stunning. Lots of pressy's to play with, blogging friends are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The turkey quilt is just so cute!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay, glad you got your quilts finished - really love them both, and the little red one will take you right through to Valentine's Day. Nice gifts you received - fun to be surpised, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on finishing those projects. Two more ticks for "completed projects in 2010". And those gifts are too cute for words! Such wonderful friends you have.
    Elzaan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such wonderful pretties, love 'em all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the turkeys!!! What lovely presents you got!! Enjoy them!! XXXD

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your turkey quilt. Maybe it's too late for this year, but at least it's finished in time for next year's Thanksgiving ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your Turkey Tracks looks wonderful. Glad it is all done and ready for next year! And I love your doll quilt. I"m glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great turkey quilt. Congrats on finishing it.
    Lovely Christmas gifts for sure.

    ReplyDelete