QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

THROUGH THE YEARS

I finished the "Through the Years" quilt top.  I had to lay it out on a bed for a photo as no one is home to hold it up for me and it is too big for the design wall.  It is not meant to fit this bed.

I took a close-up shot of the center so you could see the broderie perse medallion.  I used a fusible around the under edge of the eagle section and fused it to the light background.  I then stitched it by machine with a buttonhole stitch.  I matched cotton thread to the background of the eagle medallion so you have to look close up to see that it was machine stitched.  The darker fabrics making up the medallion center are from a border stripe type print from Marcus Brothers.

I found a larger piece of a Smithsonian "Little Sisters" fabric that and usedit  for the border.  Not what I would call a pretty print but it suited the piece well.  I don't know that you can see it in the first picture.  I still have some left of that fabric but I think it is the last of any of the Smithsonian prints I have.

I am now working on another UFO and should have a picture to post very soon.

Karen

35 comments:

  1. Your quilt turned out lovely. I really like this pattern. You are a busy busy woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything about teh center is perfect! it's a fantastic quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is just beautiful! I love all the colours and the block design. The center medallion is fantastic - great use of border fabric.♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is very beautiful! Well done ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it turned out great! I just bought two historic/patriotic panels...not the one you used ...but nice ones. Love the colors of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A finish feels so good and yours is particularly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's stunning, and the technique for the center medallion was very clever. I wish I had a buttonhole stitch on my machine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt is absolutely beautiful! You've done a wonderful job - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a big one--- I love it. The center piece is the best part. Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous quilt. I just love the fabrics. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo Hoo! Congrats on the finish! Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful quilt Karen - well done - very effective!

    Love Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your quilt and the fabric choices. You do get a lot done. I like the blues in the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  14. soooo beautiful! the colours of your fabric choice are fabolous ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a wonderful quilt. I love that Smithsonian print and it looks perfect there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That has got to be the most beautiful quilt I have seen in a long while. Love the medallion and the fabrics of course!
    XOXOXO Subee

    ReplyDelete
  17. There are some gorgeous fabrics in there Karen. I just love the scrappiness :-)
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Karen...Your quilt is just beautiful! I love all the colours and the block design...well done !
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a gorgeous quilt, Karen. Love all those wonderful fabrics and the center block.

    What sized bed does it fit?

    ReplyDelete
  20. so lovely what lovely colors
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG!!! That is gorgeous on the bed. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My gosh - that is stunning Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Woo Hoo Karen!! Congrats on getting 'er done!! I truly is a lovely quilt :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is "It" not "I" above LOL. I need to proofread better :o)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your quilt and the center looks particularly lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Perfect. I love your new header too. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This quilt turned out gorgeously, and I love the center too! Congrats on a finish!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a lovely quilt; I particularly like the way the medallion stands out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful quilt, I love the white in it, and congrats on a well-done finish.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That turned out amazing! I love the eagle in the center too! (My Dad loved eagles, so I love anything eagles, too! :o) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your quilt turned out so great! Lovely! Look forward to see it when it's quilted :o)
    Have a great weekend,
    Laila

    ReplyDelete