QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Thursday, May 26, 2011

GARDEN SAMPLER

"Garden Sampler" is finished. I prepped the wool on cotton blocks last fall.   I came across them in a bin recently and decided it was time to finish the project. I started doing the hand stitching on the  wool applique pieces last week. The blocks were sewn together yesterday, minimal quilting done, and binding added. I finished up the hand work this morning.
The pattern for "Garden Sampler" is by A Piece of Work.

I also made two wool pincushions.  The bee skep is a repeat of one I made previously.  I showed a friend how to do the wool applique so we were each making one.  It is a good design for a beginner to start on.

Nice to have you stop by for a visit.  Check in again soon.

Karen

27 comments:

  1. DARLING quilt and pincushions - I so wish I wasn't allergic to wool, I just love these projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Now that was fast!! AND gorgeous! A good combination!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pincushions!! Love everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bee skep is my favorite! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. They´re very cute.Well don!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt - so beautiful - and very very cute pincushions:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pin cushions and your quilt is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Think I need to make your pincushions, they are adorable! And LOVE your new quilt...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm researching this--- I love it... What a cheerful piece....

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is another great quilt. I'm glad I stopped in to blogger long enough to get to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The wool garden sampler is fantastic! And love the bee skep pincushion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your quilt and pincushions Karen! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great quilt, and I love the pincushions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pincushions are very cute!
    Your "Garden Sampler" is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your garden sampler is beautiful, and I love the pincushions!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hooray for getting another pretty finish done!! I love your pin cushions....what do you stuff your's with?

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your quilt and a UFO no longer!! Yay!! Such cute pin cushions!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your garden quilt is darling and I love the colors you used in the bee skep pin cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  19. love that bee skep pin cushion~!!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both projects turned out just charming!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another beautiful wool project. I like your pincushions, too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all your projects!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely projects! I haven't done much with wool, but would like to. What do you use to fill the pin cushions? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete