QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

WORKS IN PROGRESS

I am having trouble sticking to one project and taking it to completion.  I will share with you what I have been working on.

I made this nice house block and now can not remember what quilt pattern it is part of.  When I figure that out, I can work on the project again.  I must have inadvertantly put the book away that the pattern is in.

The log house is from a Joined at the Hip pattern.  I need to make three more and then some other parts.

The eagle is from a magazine pattern though I simplified the eagle into less pieces.  The center was not laying flat once I added the pieced triangle round.  I set the project aside as I was not in the mood at that time to unsew.  It got placed in a container along with fabrics for the project and forgotten.  I came across the meallion this past week. and took time to unsew, trim the first border, and resew the triangles back on.  I am not sure if I am going to add more piecing, a plain border, or just quilt and bind.

The snowman quilt has progressed to the embroidery being done, noses stitched, and black snaps added for eyes on all and mouths on some.  It still needs quilting.

I made three quilt tops yesterday using a pattern from Kathleen Tracy's "American Doll Quilts".  The first two use a pastoral print of children given to me by my good friend, Jean M.  She made a needle case using one of the pieces and shared two of the sections of fabric for me to make one.  The fabric pieces fell behind one of my fabric cubes.  I just recently discovered them.  Instead of making a needle case, I remembered the doll quilt pattern and chose to make that.  Here is the first one and the second one is below. 
I used two different fabrics on the second little quilt top but it has much the same look.


The first two quilts went together so fast, I decided to sew another quilt.  Most of this top is made from one of the Williamsburg lines of fabric.

I am working on block number five of  "The Bible Quilt".  One star needs stitched down and then the embroidered words need to be added.  The bird is from an older Debbie Mum fabric that was different elements of Noah's Ark.  I thought it was fitting to use for the bird in this Noah's Ark block.

I hope you enjoyed the photos of what I hae been working on.  Come back soon and hopefully I will have made some progress on projects.

Karen

47 comments:

  1. I'll second that. Love the snowmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think most of us work on multiple projects at the same time. I work on whatever I have the enthusiasm for at that moment. Right now my enthusiasm is on vacation I think. I really like the house framed by the churn dash. I hope you find the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that log cabin block you did. I have many wip and most of them are bom or bow as in Barbara Brackman's Civil War.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first house block is from Cheri's Folkart Gathering. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be boring to work on one project at a time. I wish I could though, maybe I would get things done. Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them all. The snowman is my fave. But it is way to early for me to be thinking of snowmen. It seems like just last week we were snow covered!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snowmen are so adorable - love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have the base of my snowmen pieced. Had a little mixup with the flying geese....oops. Been jumping around from project to project myself. Maybe it's the weather. I would love to go out and burn some energy but it's just too dang hot! Hope you're staying cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the projects you are working on. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice projects. I particularly love the eagle and the snowmen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh oh oh, I want the Churn Dash with House!!! :) And the snowman quilt is just too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. When you figure out which book the CD house is in, could you would you please tell us on here. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my such lovely quilty things to look at, love it all especially that new header quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love every one of your projects! Esp. the skinny churn dash on the Folk Art Gathering block.

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of your projects are wonderful that you have been working on what a great inspiration you are!!!

    Snowman quilt is darling. As always thank you for sharing, Karen!

    Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are not the only one who hops from this to that...it keeps it fun! All your work is wonderful, and I especially like the new Bible block. Oh, those snowmen's faces are so whimsical and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGosh...all gorgeous!! You HAVE been busy!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are just one busy bee! Your work is perfect and I love the snowman quilt - how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It made me chuckle when you said you couldn't remember which project that house block belonged to. It is a great block! I hope you find its home.
    It is fun to see how different everyone's blocks turn out from the same pattern. Color choices can completely change the look and feel of a block. I have seen others working on the Bible blocks. Each one is unique. All of your projects look great. I love that snowman quilt, but I think the log house is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW, that's a lotta projects all at once. LOVE that eagle medallion project. Looks like something I could use in the center of my DJ. Do you remember which mag it was in?

    ReplyDelete
  21. The snowmen are turning out very cute! Love the log cabin block and hope you figure out soon where it is from, lol. That is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, you are really on the stitching warpath. Great to get some old finished and new started.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Goodness you've been busy! I love all your projects, but Noah's Ark is my favorite. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the house block. Just something about houses that's so cozy. The snowmen look wonderful with their sweet faces!
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  25. You continue to create inspiration, Karen. Always so much happening. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Im drooling here over that eagle!!!!!!!!!!!!!! swoon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. DO YOU SLEEP???? Oh my gosh. Where to start....I love them all of course...I really like that house block, I hope you find out which quilt it's for, lol - that made me laugh! The doll quilts are just fabulous, and the snowmen - *swoon*! You are unbelievable, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh I love all of them! You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You have been busy! Lovely snowmam quilt. I is very sweet!
    The other quilts and blocks are very good. Love the colours of the Doll quilts.
    Thanks for sharing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I bought a kit for that snowman quilt. It's been a year and a half and it hasn't been touched so I enjoy seeing yours progressed so far.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lots of lovely things!!! I love the snowmen, and hope you'll find the book for the house block, it's so nice!
    Have a nice day, Cisca

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow so many wonderful projects!! I particularily like the house block. I guess you will just have to sit down and spend several lovely hours looking through all you books to find the pattern :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lindo blog!
    Belos trabalhos!
    Já sou seguidora.
    studiodabere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Unos trabajos maravillosos. La colcha de la nieve es espectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  35. You do have a lot of projects going on!! Love them all but esp the eagle quilt;)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Now why didn't I think of that for my bird? I have some of the same fabric!

    The first cabin block looks like it might also be a Joined at the hip block to me.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I have enjoyed the photos of what you have been working on. All wonderful projects. American Doll Quilts was just reprinted, so I ordered a copy and the little quilt you made times 3 is the one I was thinking would be my first one from the book. I love all three of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow! Lots of projects on the go there! Good for you Karen! Love your Snowman quilt! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. The log cabin blocks are wonderful and the Eagle top is to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. great projects going on here! I love the new bible block and the eagle too. The snowmen are so happy and fun, what a great quilt.
    thanks for all the updates

    ReplyDelete
  41. Does anyone know the name of the snowman quilt>

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow Karen, you have been so productive. I like the eagle block a lot. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Looks like you are making lots of progress on lots of projects! It's good to have variety in life! :-) Love the eagle block!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Nice house you have built! With what fabric did you do that? Flannel, wool or cotton? I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Can you tell me what pattern you used for the cute snowman quilt? We saw it on Pinterest but can't find the pattern.
    Thanks!
    cjnid AT imaxmail DOT net

    ReplyDelete