QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

MARSHA'S SNOWBOUND QUILT


Those of you who have been following my blog for a while are familiar with my "Snowbound" quilt.  I will refresh your mind with a picture.


I used a section of the quilt as my header picture during the winter and got many requests for information on the pattern.  I was able to alert some of the inquiries to a couple used copies of the book on Amazon.  Those were snapped up right away.  I found a website where you can order the book new and now there are a couple used books on Amazon again.  Anyhow, one of the inquiries was made by Marsha.  She just recently sent me a picture of her quilt.  I forgot to ask permission to use her photograph on my blog so I will just send you for a visit.  Her blog name is "Grandma's Quilts" and can be found here.  It looks like she has been blogging for about 1 1/2 years.  Stop by and say hi and take a peek at her version of the quilt.  She made a couple additions to the pattern to make it more her own.

Bye for now.
Karen

13 comments:

  1. There are advantages to staying up late. I just read your new post, I found the book on Amazon, and it's ordered. I've enjoyed this quilt every time I've seen it. Time to make my own!
    Thanks for the inspiration, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun quilt and I'd love to get the book--but I just bought two new quilt books online so... I.MUST.BE.STRONG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always happy, when seeing your gorgeous Snowbound quilt, dear Karen ;>) I'm just back from Marsha's version (thanks for the link) and it's -oh so cute- too !
    As to me, this quilt remains among the first ones on my projects list, when back from vacations, for sure.
    Enjoy your sewing, dear !
    XOXOXOXOXO
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have my copy of that book although I haven't seen it for a while. She did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went over to see her quilt, too... both are gorgeous! I love that she added a dog and cat to hers. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt - off to check out Marsha's - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, thank you for posting about my quilt. I was very surprised and happy this morning to find new comments on my blog about it. Again, thank you for the inspiration to make it, I had so much fun with the applique on it. I hope to see pictures of others who have been inspired to make a Snowbound quilt, too. It is fun to be part of the group! I have also just finished the other Snowbound quilt, the BOM by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs and hope to have pictures of it on my blog soon. Hope everyone stops by to check it out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always loved your version and I can bet Marsha's is equally wonderful. Off to check out her blog and such. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Certainly a fun winter quilt Karen!! Love it! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved it!!! Thanks for sharing the link! I noticed that when my mouse is on your blog page I get PRIM letters following it. :-)

    ReplyDelete