QUILT INFO

The quilt shown in the header is from a pattern by Ginger Cookie Company caled "Basket of Sunflowers".

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

FOUR FINISHES

I felt the need to actually finish a project or two.  I have way too many UFO's waiting for completion.  I chose some smaller projects that did not need much to bring them to the end.  The first is the "In God We Trust" schoolhouse sampler.  All it needed was a border fabric added and some simple machine quilting and then binding.  Done!




Next, I finished the wool on cotton angels with the Nativity embroidered on the dress.  One is a gift and one for myself.  The mini quilts needed quilting and binding.  I decided to hand quilt the one I was going to be sending to a friend.  I liked the look so well that I just had to hand quilt mine also.  The pieces are small so I quilted without a hoop or frame of any kind.  And done in a prim style.  The pattern used was "December" by Sandy Gervais.

The last finish is a table runner I started quite some time ago.  I had forgotten about doing the embroidered stems and the button flowers.  So that needed done and then some machine quilting and stitching down binding.  I can't find the pattern information right now.  I think it is a Joined at the Hip pattern.  All the squares are done by applique.  I remember it took a while to do that.

The last two days, I have been prepping more applique blocks for "The Bible"  quilt.  I am behind schedule on that.  I had intended to do at least one block a month and have let that fall behind.

Enjoy your day!

Karen

37 comments:

  1. The little angel mini quilts are so adorable, your friend will be delighted. I was wondering about the squares around the baskets, it's a really nice effect, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do your shoulders feel lighter after four finishes? They are all delightful projects. I haven't ventured into the primitive stitching myself, but I love the look and have been gifted a few pieces by friends. They are treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your finishes. The button flowers on the runner are fabulous!
    Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the hand quilting on those angel quilts added just the right touch. very cute! as for those applique squares...wow...that must have been quite a chore! :)
    congrats on all those finished projects...you have just justified starting some new ones (even if you do still have more UFO's lying around :) hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your finishes are so darling it makes you wonder how they could have been in the unfinished pile......glad they are done and you can enjoy them now. They are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your fabulous finishes...large or small, finishing UFO's feels so GOOD!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Sampler! You are inspiring me to finish UFO's - I don't need to start another ANYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make so many cute things! I may have to get that December pattern. I like your version better than the pattern cover. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good on you for pulling out those UFOs - it will be a great feeling to get them all finished. All 3 are lovely but I do love the Angels..and the border on the baskets is very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful collection of finishes. I love them all - actually I covet them all. They are so homey and nice.
    The basket runner is a great layout -

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all wonderful. I'm thinking these little smaller quilts are the way to go now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh I just enjoy your post and pictures-any of your finishes would look so lovely in my house! ;)
    Isn't it great to have UFO's that only need a little to finish and give you a creative boost!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh they are so wonderful! It is so nice to have some finishes. I'm trying to say that :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Finish?? Is that something we are supposed to try to do? Love your finishes, especially the matching minis!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Doesn't it feel so good to finish a project and be able to use it. All of your finishes are wonderful. Can't wait to see what is next!

    ReplyDelete
  16. you amaze me with how much you get done!
    they are all beautiful, just that great country feel...
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  17. You always have me in awe of how much you get finished...all are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love, love every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. GREAT finishes! Love that sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done on all your finishes! You are an inspiration to us all.
    Your quilts look lovely and I am sure your friend will love the angel quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  22. More beautiful finishes providing inspiration for everyone. I love 'em all.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Its always a great feeling when you finish something and congratulations on finishing them. They look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like these projects, but of course, I like almost every thing you work on!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahhhh...such a good feeling to get things finished. Especially when they're so pretty! :)
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have been busy. Great job. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Woohoo! Four finishes, and looking good Karen!! Good for you! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love all the ufo's you finished. Great patterns and nicely quilted! The tablerunner is gorgeous!
    Greetings, Cisca

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well done! Love the "In God We Trust," as I just love those trees. And the angels are darling... finished timely for Christmas. But the basket runner is my fave of this post... I love your baskets! Can't believe the squares are appliqued! ...Karen

    ReplyDelete
  30. You make the most wonderful quilts!! I do love your primitive angels...lucky friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! Four finishes! WOW! All beautiful projects done. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  32. omgosh..what gorgeous finishes they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love those angels!!!! everything is awesome...way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I LOVE your sampler, especially the tattered flag. This is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete