QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Monday, September 26, 2011

MADISON COUNTY, VIRGINIA QUILT SHOW PICTURES

We are back home from a 2 1/2 week vacation.  We spent a week in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and a week in New Hampshire.  More on that in my next blog post.

On the way home, we got tired of traveling on interstate highways and headed off on a scenic byway in Virginia. We came across a small quilt show put on by the Madison County Quilters in Madison, Virginia.  I took pictures of a few quilts and thought I would share them with you.

I like most any star quilt and these two are no exception.  Same pattern for both.  I am sorry that I did not get names of the quilts or their makers.  There was no quilt show booklets given and I had nothing to write on.

Basket quilts are always good too.  A nice setting.

This is number one of three quilts made from "Women of Influence" quilt blocks.  The guild was doing it as a group type project.  Each was making their own quilt.  I had to chuckle at the info card on one of them.  The maker said she was making May's block at the end of the year.  Typical of many of us.




I like these Amish style baskets.  Solid colors look so good with a black background.

Jo Morton fabrics were used for this star quilt.

I saw one of these quilts on a blog recently.  I think it is from an older pattern.  All log cabin blocks.

Redwork embroidery baskets.  I think I may have the pattern for them.

And finally, the quilt I voted for as Viewer's Choice.  It evidently was not a judged show so I do not know what quilt won.

Hope you enjoyed the view.  I will be back soon with more pictures.

Karen

26 comments:

  1. How serendipitous to take the road less traveled and come across this quilt show. Thanks for sharing it. I really like that first basket quilt setting. I've never seen it done before with the sashing blending to the background and the cornerstones in colors. I need to file that idea away! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful quilts! Sounds like you had a very nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for showing these pictures. There went a lot of hard work into those quilts - and the effort is worthwhile!
    The log cabin quilt intrigues me the most, but the applique and embroidery quilts are beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of pretty quilts- I really like the star quilt with the Jo Morton fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good quilt show - such inspiration!

    And I would only hope to have time to do a redwork quilt someday. This one is so simple but so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the red work quilt.I can't wait to hear about your trip to my state. The colors are not quite all there yet but you must of gotten a peek.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treat. Lots to love here. Thanks for sharing. The first quilt is "Indian Paintbrush" by Patchalot Patterns (aka. Marcie a fellow blogger)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing. They are all wonderful but I do love the first star quilt, so thanks to karendianne for the tip on the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad I stumbled on your post. I had hoped to get down to Madison for the show this weekend, but didn't make it. Thanks for the virtual show!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were definitely rewarded by taking the road less traveled. Beautiful quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun was that!!!!! I love going to quilt shows when I don't even have to travel or pay admission :)!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for taking the time to post the Quilt Show photos. We never tire of looking at quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun - that last quilt is my very favorite, I would have voted for it too! They're all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like a wonderful little show:)
    Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved the quilt show! The Women of Influence quilts all turned out so lovely and I probably would have voted for the one that you did too. That is a beauty.
    I got a kick out of the note from the quilter who said she was working on her May block at the end of the year! Yep, that sounds like so many of us as you said! LOL
    Your trip sounds like it was wonderful and it's nice to see you back home sharing with us.

    I get to go to another quilt show this weekend and am looking forward to it.

    Smiles,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hurray for side trips! Glad you made it back safely.......

    ReplyDelete
  17. welcome home
    lovely quilt show photos.
    I really liked the Amish quilt it just glows!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you had a wonderful vacation! Welcome home and thanks for sharing the quilt show pics...love the amish baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely quilt show! Thank you for sharing it with us. Lots of talented quilters in that group!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Always enjoy seeing a quilt show - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely quilts show you! Beautiful!
    Greatings
    Lida

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for you're sweet words...and I love this blog. Did you know I lived in VA for tree years, only one year ago....ooo how I miss my big quiltstores(with the nice prices) and quiltingfriends!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I instantly recognized the first pattern as Indian Paintbrush by our own Marcie Patch of Patchalot Patterns....I made one too!!! Love those photos of quilts...oh so me!

    ReplyDelete
  24. All beauties. The one with the log cabin scarecrow and other fall items is Pumpkin Frost from the book "Quilts for All Seasons" by Christal Carter, pub. 1993 (out of print) and the individual blocks are 2.5" finished - tiny! I found the book at Amazon a few years ago as I want to do just the scarecrow section. I've pulled some fabrics for it but have yet to begin piecing.

    ReplyDelete