QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Sunday, October 30, 2011

12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS UPDATE 2 AND PRIMITIVE PORTRAITS

I have been busy, busy stitching.  I want to share with you a picture of "12 Days of Christmas".  It is about ready   for quilting.  The pattern shows some rail fence blocks appliqued down in the lower left corner.  I am thinking about whether I want to add them or leave it blank.  For a refresher, in case you have forgotten, the pattern is by Cheri of Wednesday's Quilts.

Next, I have completed two smaller size wall hangings.  The patterns I used are by Karen of Sew Primitive.  You can visit her blog here.  You can see the patterns she has for sale listed on the right hand side of the blog.  Karen has a very creative mind and has a lot of artistic talent.  Have a look when you have time.
The first one is from her "Berks County 1850" pattern.  The floral fabric in the background is from a line of fabric that Jo Morton designed.

I used the "Album Quilt 1870" pattern for the second quilt.  The album print is also a Jo Morton fabric.  The fabric is the same one Karen used in her sample quilt.  I think it is a very creative use for it.  The needlework piece the girl is holding is made using one of the squares taken from the print.  The square is placed over a cardboard circle which is glued to the background of the quilt.  The edges are loose.

Back to the sewing room.
Karen

20 comments:

  1. Very nice! I especially love the album quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very beautiful, Karen. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe all you get done--do your fingers ever rest? All three of these projects look great, but the little girl in the last quilt is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhh, it´s very nice. Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful. Your workmanship is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is some little applique. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them! I bought the Berks County 1850 pattern from Karen earlier this year, but haven't started mine yet. I actually do have that Jo Morton background print too. I should really get started on it.

    Your is so good. I don't know what I'll do when I get to making the face. I can't even draw stick people so not sure how that will work out:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the applique queen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously...how are you getting so much done!! Looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't quilt, but have a tremendous respect for those (past and present) who do. I just stumbled upon your site. I had not heard of the idea of recreating primitive pieces in this way, but I love the idea and admire your work!

    Each of these is a delight, but I think the 12-days-of-Christmas will be a real treasure! (Well they all are, but it's my favorite!)

    To you and all quilters, I'm so glad there are people with the patience to still create this type of art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. soooo beautiful, both are great and I love the flower fabric behind the pieced girl. It's always a pleasure to visit your place here ,-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i love those primitive portraits....and of course your twelve days of xmas, in my eye the bottom left corner looked to empty at the time so that was my filler....just had a thought what about your initials instead, sounds great to me wish i had thought of that then....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those all are just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just am really admiring your 12 days of Christmas!! How fun! I love Karen's patterns...your blocks are especially neat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Karen, it is such a thrill for me to see that you have made up my Primitive Portrait patterns. They look great lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So Pretty. Love the little portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so lovely! Thank you for your fantastic blog! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love what you made with Cheris pattern... :O))

    ReplyDelete