QUILT INFO

The quilt block shown is made from a pattern called "Garden of Hollyhocks" and is found in Norma Whaley's book "Sweet and Simple".

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS UPDATE

I started Friday evening on the applique stitching.  This is where I was on Sunday.


This is where I am at today.


The applique part is getting close to being done.  Another turtle dove on a big leaf, some berries, and a big heart.  The drummer needs his sticks and the bucket needs a handle.  There are lots of embroidered words to be added, buttons for bird eyes, and face details for the people.  So still lots to do but a great deal closer to finishing that part.

Lori from Humble Quilts is working on the same quilt.  Hers is done in wool.  She has a picture on her blog today.  Take a peek here.

Enjoy your day and take time to sew.

Karen

12 comments:

  1. looking good Karen! You are just about done!Good for you!!
    I took a peek at Lori's, and was surprised seeing it in brighter fabrics! They both look great! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both yours and Lori's are looking wonderful. It is lots of fun watching them take shape. Enjoy your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These quilts are looking so great. You are moving right along. I am really liking the way this is all laid out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fascinating project. I can't wait to see it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun project Karen! Looks great! Have a happy week~

    ReplyDelete
  6. definitely got alot accomplished over the weekend, was thinking your's looked like a very nicely done fabric applique....always enjoy seeing others creative takes on the same design....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun Christmas project. Since I don't applique, I always stand it awe of what people can do with it. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your a speedy stitcher. I love this project and its fun to see what you are Lori are doing with it.
    great chirstmas project

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hardest part of cotton applique is the curves for me.Yours are beautiful....You see happy in your typing. Must be feeling well..

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun appliqué! Love the colors in it too. By the way, your Singer featherweight is really cool!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Of course I love it . . . . you knew I would *s* Hope to make one someday!

    ReplyDelete