QUILT INFO

I used an Electric Quilt applique design and modified it slightly to make this basket block.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

CHRISTMAS SEW-ALONG

Today is the next to last Christmas Sew-Along for 2011.  I prepped "The Twelve Days of Christmas" applique pieces a few months ago.  I decided it was time to get busy on the project and started it yesterday evening.  This is where I am at this afternoon.  A lot of stitching to do yet plus adding the embroidered wording, etc.


The pattern I am using is by Cheri.  You can view a picture of the quilt here.  Select Winter patterns and scroll down looking on the left side.

We are having bunches and bunches of rain since last evening.  I don't know how many inches have already come down.  The lake behind our house has risen a good ways into our yard.  It is supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow.  I may need a boat!

Karen

15 comments:

  1. We have a few oars if you need them! But I really hope you don't!!

    I think that quilt is just sweet. It is going to be great when you get it finished up.

    Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo... I love your header photo!!

    That pattern is a very compact Twelve Days of Christmas quilt. Awesome!

    You can send some of your rains out way as we have 3 forest fires in our province of Manitoba right now... Lots of home evacuations happening, one of which is my cousin's family...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your header is STUNNING!! Wowwzers!!
    P

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely - this will be a great quilt. I hope you don't need a boat, and that your home doesn't flood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the people.
    Like Myra said - send the rain our way, it is crazy dry here. Good luck.♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great Christmas quilt that will be! I've never seen that pattern before. Love you witchy shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great quilt, but there's a lot of work in it I think. I am looking forward to seeing it when it's done.

    We had a lot of rain too yesterday and have what looks like a small swimming pool in our front garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you pumpkin header, so great for fall.
    Your Christmas looks wonderful and I look forward to watching the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think your drummer needs a drum and maybe hands to play it!!!!
    just joking, looks great, this quilt has always been one of my favorites.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the header. That's one of my UFOs. I'm not even sure where it is. :) Cheri's stuff is so fun. Is that your last block?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh there is the Great Pumpkin Quilt! I look at 2 blocks of mine every day in the runner I made, lol. You had way more fortitude than I!

    Love the new Cheri quilt. What a fun pattern :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is getting close enough to Christmas that i should find mine. I think it's done, just needs to be basted and quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the link to Cheri's site. I hadn't visited in a while . . . . love the way she has set up categories for her designs.

    Your 12 Days of Christmas is going to be FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of rain here too and looks so dark out there. A bit of thunder rumbling earlier this morning...I'll grab the lifejackets for us!

    Enjoy seeing your work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your work they are very very beautiful.
    I congratulate them
    have a good day
    Josefina
    tijerasycuchara.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete