QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Sarah Sporer pattern called "Summer Glory".

Monday, December 5, 2011

"12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS" QUILT COMPLETED

Hurray!  I finished the "12 Days of Christmas" quilt and in the same year that I started it.
I added a couple elements to the quilt since I last showed the top.  I appliqued my initials in the lower left corner as it needed something there.  And in the top left corner, I embroidered the words "My true love gave to me...".    I embroidered the bucket handle that the maiden has and added drum sticks for the drummer though you can't see them well in the picture.  The pattern I used is by Cheri Saffiote-Payne of Wednesday's Quilts.  Lori of Humble Quilts finished her version of this same quilt a few days ago.  If you haven't already seen it, pay her a visit here.  Lori got a closer picture of her quilt than I did.

I thought my Bernina was sick and took it in for service today.  Turns out that it was not and I am relieved.  But the BSR (balanced stitch regulator) does have a problem.  The part of the housing that attaches the foot to the machine has a crack in it.  It lets the housing slip off when it shouldn't.  I left it to see if the service technician can do anything with it.  More than likely, it will have to go back to the factory and I picture that taking a long time.  And some money.  But a new one costs $800 and I would be foolish to do that unless mine can't be repaired.  The shop owner feels sure that the factory can restore it to new condition.  So, I will not have the stitch regulator for machine quilting and will have to do it the old way for the time being.  That is, if I do any machine quilting.


Enjoy the season!
Karen

35 comments:

May Britt said...

It is so beautiful :)

Elizabeth said...

I love it and I think I need to purchase the pattern!!!!!!!!!!

black bear cabin said...

love that new quilt...and just in time for the holidays :) is it hung up already?

Danice said...

That is absolutely gorgeous. You are truly talented. I love the quilt!

Beth said...

That came out really cute Karen!

Janet O. said...

Very nice finish--and in the same year you started it. There is something to be said for that! : )

Elzaan said...

Congrats on the finish. It is a wonderful quilt. You can be proud of this one!

Kaaren said...

Great finish, Karen...and with plenty of time to enjoy if for the holiday season THIS YEAR! *wink*

Cheryl said...

Very prim! Hope Bernie feels better soon.

Kathie said...

oh Karen I just love it, its great to add your own touch to the quilt and really
love that you added your initials. Great quilt!
Kathie

*karendianne. said...

Totally dig how you personalized this. I love it whenever that's done. What a treasure.

Shakerwood said...

We, it turned out just wonderfully. And just in time for the holidays. Hope the Bernina doesn't take long in hospital!

Colleen said...

Lovely! Glad you were able to complete it in time for the actual 12 days of Christmas!

Sue said...

Boy, I really love your Christmas quilt too. I saw Lori's the other day and wish I had done one. Maybe for next year. Just love the way the whole quilt looks with placement and all.

Merry Christmas,
Sue

Yvette said...

Oh Karen! It turned out fantastic. Congrats on the awesome finish.

Joanne said...

It looks fabulous!
Too bad about the BSR - hopefully it can be fixed soon.

Diane said...

the quilt is wonderful! Congrats on completing in the same year started-that made me smile!

Libby said...

Love it!

Julierose said...

I really love the doves on the top sides--they are perfect--the whole quilt is lovely. Ooooh don't you hate it when your machine gets sick? Very nerve racking--I just went through that and ended up getting a new one for the same cost to repair the old...aaaargh!! I still miss my old machine--it had been my good friend for over 30 yrs.....I guess it needed to retire...good luck Julierose

Colleen said...

Did that ever turn out cute! Love it :o) Sorry to hear about the Bernina. Hopefully they fix it up good as new without hurting your budget!

Karen... said...

I really like this one, Karen. Quite an accomplishment to begin and finish in the same year... and very timely for the season. And I like the addition of your initials and the beginning of the song! Do you label and put the date on the back as well? Hope all goes well with your machine!

Caron Mosey - Michigan Quilts! said...

I love your new quilt! Very nicely done!

Quilt Hollow said...

Very nice Karen! Well done!!
I too have my Pfaff in the repair shop. It seriously needed a good cleaning but then something happened to the stitch length so it was a must. Cha-ching$$ I'm sure!

Mary said...

I really hope you have better luck than I did. Honestly, I wish the factory had been working on my machine because the local dealers were awful. When I talked to Bernina USA, they were helpful and nice but that didn't get my machine fixed. Can you tell I'm still feeling a bit peeved? Sorry.

Allie said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love it! And wow in the same year you started...I'm impressed, girl!

I hope you get your machine back in good order...

Cisca said...

I love your "Ten days of Christmas Quilt! I hope your machine is as new as it was soon!
Happy quilting, Cisca

Jeanne said...

Love your new quilt! Congratulations on finishing it in such a timely manner.

Karen said...

So wonderful, where will you hang it??

Raymond Homestead said...

That is such a neat quilt!

cucki said...

i love it..it is so beautiful xx

Lori said...

Great quilt!!
I hope you can get your machine repaired and not have it take forever:(

merumo said...

Love this one!! I admire your appliqué quilts so much. I dont know how many times I have to tell myself to practice appliqué more often? Thanks for a beautiful inspiration!

Carrie P. said...

Congrats on your fabulous finish. You should be very proud.

Bizarre Quilter said...

Oh! I love this quilt!! THank you for sharing!

Barb said...

Hooray is right!
Wonderful quilt for Chirstmas