QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Sarah Sporer pattern called "Vacancy".

Saturday, December 3, 2011

SANTA IN HIS SLEIGH AND THE SWAP QUILT

I changed my header photo to another of my Christmas quilts.  This one is Santa in his sleigh soaring over the rooftops of a town.  I showed this on my blog quite some time ago.
It was made at some point prior to 1995.  I no longer have the book the pattern came from so I don't have name of the book nor the designer.  If I remember correctly, it was a Canadian designer.  A copy of the book shows up on E-Bay every now and then.  Update:  I received info on the book name and designer from Launa ( a blog reader).  The book name is "Piece on Earth" and is by Harriet M. Wyant.

I received my swap quilt from Andee of "The Modern Diary" blog.  You can pop over to her blog and see how she hung the little quilt I made for her.  Andee made me a Lil" Twister quilt using cheery Christmas fabrics.  The fabrics remind me of the snowman table runner I made a while back.  I am happy to have had her as a swap partner. The quilt she made is one I will be proud to add to my Christmas holiday collection.  Thank you, Andee.  Mary of "My Needle and Thread By Mary" blog organized the swap.  She hopes to start another small quilt swap very soon.  If you are interested, stop by her blog and let her know that you would like more information when it is available.

I am machine quilting my "12 Days of Christmas" quilt today.  Lori of "Humble Quilts" finished hers a couple days ago.  She gave me the push I needed to get busy and finish mine.  Stay tuned for a picture.

Happy Sewing!
Karen

31 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Karen, Love the header again!!! Anytime you want to lend one of those to me, I would be happy to borrow ??!?!?!?! Also, love the quilt you received from Andee! Hugs, Mary

Jen said...

Love it! Such a fun quilt to display, its really beautiful!

Robin said...

The Santa in the sky quilt is so festive. I love the little quilt flutterig in the wind. It makes me want to run to my sewing room and sew for Christmas..........

Robin said...

Oops! I misspelled "fluttering" in the comment above.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Love Santa flying over my house!!

Jeanette said...

Wow! I love your santa quilt!

Raewyn said...

Wow what a happy cheery blog to visit! Love your quilts - both old and new!

paulette said...

How cute is that Santa quilt!! Love it and the quilt hanging out of his bag just hits it out of the ball park! Love your Lil'Twister too!! Very sweet!
P

cucki said...

i love it too..so much..from my heart :)
santa is very sweet..
love for you hugs cucki xx

Raymond Homestead said...

Especially love your quilt in the header! Never seen on like that!

Sandie ~call me crazy said...

Very cute header quilt Karen! I haven't pulled out any of my Christmas things yet. I'd best get busy!
Have a happy weekend!

suzeblack said...

Wow, what a lovely blog! Thankyou for sharing some of your beautiful quilts- I love the Christmas header quilt. Your sewing room clean up is inspiring;)No chance of us getting snow here ( "outback Australia" ) for Christmas, usually very hot around 40 deg, of 105f. Seasons Greetings!

Karen said...

Love the quilt and love what you've done with your blog. Mine is so boring, I really need to do something but have no idea how! Great job all the way around!

Janet O. said...

What a fun Santa quilt. I admit that when you first mentioned that you would be swapping the quilts in your header photo to squeeze in more Christmas quilts, I gulped. I realized that I still had a fall header and I had no Christmas quilts to use. I scurried to throw something together. Thanks for the inspiration. I look forward to more of your Christmas creations!

Allie said...

I LOVE that Santa quilt! So sweet! The one you rec'd as a swap is delightful too!

Lily said...

Love it! it's really beautiful!. Santa me encanta. un beso.

Darlene said...

Your Santa quilt is very, very cute!

Adorable little quilt from Andee - successful swap. :-)

Julierose said...

Your Santa Christmas quil is just charming...love that little village below and the B-I-G sky...Julierose

Mary said...

You received a really nice quilt! Love all the fabrics.

I remember the pattern for your header quilt. I thought it was from Piece o' Cake but never made it so could be completely wrong. (Sshhh - that's happened before but don't tell!) I still think it's really cute!!!

Anne Heidi said...

Your Santa quilt is adorable! The little quilt hanging from his sleigh is just so cute!

Dawn said...

Fun header, and a sweet little swap quilt. Love the red and white binding.
Happy Stitching!

Kyle said...

I loved both your swap quilt and the one you received. The Little Twister pattern is really delightful to use.
It's fun to pull out seasonal quilts and be reunited. Have fun machine quilting this week.

2ne said...

Lovely Christmasquilts :-)

Vivian said...

Your header quilt is unique and totally appropriate for a quilt blog. Go Santa!
I'm enjoying the gently falling snowflakes as I read your blog. Definitely seasonal!

Quilt Hollow said...

I don't recall having seen the quilt in your header before. I could easily be wrong since I see your blog regularly. LOL I love how the black changes on the sky as a streak and that Santa can bring me that quilt! LOL

Barb said...

what a cute christmas quilt!
I also love the night before Christmas quilt.
I have the book and always wanted to make - so many quilts, so little time

Cisca said...

What a lovely X-mas quilt, Karen. Adorable!
Thank you for your sweet comment, I love those legs, too!

Happy quilting, Cisca

Lori said...

That looks like a fantastic swap!! Can't wait to see your 12 days of Chrismtas.

Karen said...

Santa in his sleigh, so cute!!!!

Andee said...

Still smiling at the quilt you swapped me! I am glad you are happy with yours too! Love the Santa quilt!

Ruth said...

Your Santa quilt is adorable!! And the swap quilt is wonderful too. I am fascinated by those twister quilts, but have never made one.