QUILT INFO

The quilt in the header is made from a Sarah Sporer pattern called "Pond Racing".

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

TWO MORE BIBLE BLOCKS FINISHED

Another header picture change.  This time I am using one of my older Christmas quilts.  A Mariner's Compass quilt with an old-fashioned Christmas scene background.

The first quilt class I ever took was from Cindy Blackberg and it was on how to make a Mariner's Compass quilt block.  Not a beginner's class but the shop owner said it was.  Fortunately, Cindy is a very good teacher.  This is not my first Mariner's Compass quilt but my second.    I got the idea to use the old-fashioned looking all-over scenic print from Cindy.  She used a different color range but had made a quilt like this.  I am pleased with how mine turned out.

I finished two more Bible quilt blocks.  The applique has been done for several weeks.  I still needed to add the embroidered words and finally have taken time to do that.


The last item I have to share with you is the completed Santa ornament I was working on recently.I showed my progress in a previous post.  At that time, almost all of the embroidery was done.  I still needed to assemble the ornament and do the button hole stitch all around the edge.  The kit was from Chickadee Hollow.

Now if someone could tell me what I did with the second Santa ornament kit.  I picked it up at least 25 times when I was working on the first ornament.  I moved it so I would stop mixing it up with the packet I was currently using.  I have moved it so well that I can't find it.
Take time to sew this week!  And stop back again soon for another another peek at my projects.

Karen

16 comments:

Janet O. said...

Beautifully striking holiday Mariner's Compass. The background fabric seems to have mini compasses in it. Nice choice. Definitely not a beginner's class!
Your Bible blocks look great.
Glad to know I am not the only one who sets things aside into a black hole. : )

Robin said...

It must be the season. I was changing the sheets on my bed yesterday and one of the crochet-edged pillow cases disappeared. I had it when I left the linen closet but it didn't make it to the bedroom (or so I thought). The Mariner's Compass and background fabric are delightful together.

Allie said...

What a GORGEOUS Mariner's Compass quilt, Karen! And your FIRST quilt class?? You are fearless, lol! The bible blocks are wonderful!

Keep looking for your kit - it'll turn up!

Dawn said...

Oh, you move things for safe keeping like I do ;-)
Mine would show up for Easter...
Love your Mariners Compass!
Congrats on the blocks - great colors.

Pen Pen said...

I love the Bible quilt blocks. Can you tell me where to find the pattern?

Cheryl said...

I always love to see all your projects and you get so much done! Merry Christmas to you and your family and may the new year be full of blessings.

Colleen said...

Your Mariner's Compass is wonderful! Someday I will make one of those. The Bible quilt blocks are really looking great! Adore that Santa and the other kit must be in the "safe place"...we all have one but we never remember where it is! LOL

Quilt Hollow said...

Absolutely beautiful Mariner's Compass and that background is wonderful!!
I too...set things aside to not lose them...just the other day I discovered some old blocks that I thought were long gone! I had a good chuckle when I rediscovered that hiding place.

Shakerwood said...

And that's why I don't clean the sewing room! LOL No I really do have to clean it soon.

The Mariner's Compass is beautiful as is all your projects!

cucki said...

wowwwwwwwwwwww they are so beautiful like always..
keep looking for your kit..it will show herself soon..i am looking for my book..i keeep it somewhere safely..still looking..lol..
hugs for you xx

Cisca said...

What a beautiful Mariner's Compass.
I love the two Bible Quilt blocks. An Santa is very cute, I hope you will find the other one soon!
Happy quilting, Cisca

Mary said...

Love the Santa ornament, the Bible blocks are wonderful, but oh! the Mariner's Compass!!! Beautiful job!!! I can't believe a shop owner would call that good for a beginner. I've been quilting for 40 years and still haven't made one.

em's scrapbag said...

OH I hate when I do things like that. The first ornament is lovely. Hope you find the second.

Lori said...

Yay! On completing the Santa ornament. I hope you find the other one before Christmas is over;)
Love the Bible blocks and the new header quilt. It is so lovely and precise!!

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Karen. Your Mariner's Compass in Christmas colors is lovely, great header. Also liked your Bible blocks, especially the way you have gotten the text into them. Very creative.
Happy holiday stitching!
best from Tunisia,
nadia

Barb said...

great new Bible blocks. I love the stripes and plaids and their placements.
I'm currently missing my favorite scissors - hope you find your santa